School-Aged Children
Options

Last week of summer vacation!

We start school after Labor Day and I will have a kindergartener and a PreK starting next week.  Friday we are going for haircuts and to buy their 1st day of school outfit and I might take them for a special treat as well (depending how the day is going - we have a fun ice cream place and a new cupcake bakery that recently opened that I think they would enjoy).  They have had a fun last few weeks of summer and are both ready to start school.  We have open house this week and will finally find out who DD#1's kindy teacher is and which friends are in her class.

I am really excited for both my girls and not feeling sad at all that my girls are growing up - they are both so excited.  I am just loving this phase we are in right now and the fact that my girls are starting to move into the next phase in their lives - not sad to be out of the toddler/preschool years at all.

Only thing I am not looking forward to is the start of religious school - every Sunday morning from now until my youngest is somewhere around 13 or later if they keep going after Bat Mitzvah (and once they hit 3rd grade, we add in Hebrew school during the week).  I will miss having 2 weekend days totally free for us to do as we please!

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 

Re: Last week of summer vacation!

• Options
    2Gma2Gma member

Enjoy your last few days of summer and fun preparations for school. 

My oldest starts Kindergarten tommorrow.  Part of me is sad but I am excited too for her to make friends and take part in the school experience.  She is super excited and has been talking about going to school for years!

My DH and I too are enjoying the freedom that comes with having prek & K children.  No more naps, diapers, etc.  Able to participate in more activties and a little more lienency in schedule.  However, looking at the school, church & sport schedule our calendar is filling up fast.  That is the part I'm not necessarily looking forward to either.

DD#1 5 years DD#2 3 years
  • Options
    Enjoy your last week, we start tomorrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Enjoy your last week!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"