Breastfeeding
Options

Last night was a bad night to indulge

DS2 is 6 weeks and I've been dying for a Guinness. It is my very favorite beer ever. So I did the usual 8pm nursing and had a Guinness as soon as he was done. Well...instead of him waking at 1am to nurse, he woke at 4am to nurse. OMG I had two big boulders on my chest. I was so engorged from the beer and him sleeping so long. I actually woke up and hand expressed because I hurt so bad. So, I guess I won't be having anymore Guinness for awhile because I'm sure not going to wake him to nurse lol!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
What just happened in my diaper?!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Last night was a bad night to indulge

• Options
    I know how you feel. I made oatmeal cookies and indulged in a few before bed one night... It was not a pleasant morning with boulderboobs. =/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hate to say it but studies do not bear out that beer increases milk, just that babies generally drink less milk -- so the assumption is that the breasts feeling fuller  after a smaller feed feel fuller making us think we made more.  My guess is that the boulders were from the extra sleep time..... that will take some time to adjust.
    5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedrcolleen:
    Hate to say it but studies do not bear out that beer increases milk, just that babies generally drink less milk so the assumption is that the breasts feeling fuller nbsp;after a smaller feed feel fuller making us think we made more. nbsp;My guess is that the boulders were from the extra sleep time..... that will take some time to adjust.

This. Even now if dd sleeps longer than normal ill feel pretty engorged in the morning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"