Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Just wanted to say

That even though I don't post often, I do read your posts, and I send T&Ps for each and every one of you.

And on a slightly separate note....

My m/c was 8/4, so it's been a few weeks now.  I got through telling all of my immediate family (the only people who knew I was pg).  I cried, and I sulked, etc.  We cremated our baby.  I felt numb for a while, but then I started getting going again in my life, we're TTC again, and I am starting to feel normal. 

Interestingly, I felt compelled to tell two of my coworkers (who I hadn't seen all summer and did not know I was pregnant), and that felt really, really good.  With my next pregnancy, I think I will maybe tell more people that I'm pg to begin with, but only time will tell that. 

I guess my point is, that no matter how profoundly sad I felt about losing Pumpkin, I do feel less sad now.  Some things are still hard (my sis is expecting), but normal functioning is okay.  I have high hopes for you girls.  

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16

Re: Just wanted to say

• I am glad you are finding some peace and feeling less sad.  Luck to you!

Ectopic Pregnancy * December 2008 Miscarriage/D&C * June 29, 2012
  • I'm really glad to hear this! I also found it really therapeutic to tell other people (I wrote about it on my blog and will continue to discuss it there). For some reason, I just like the support and felt less alone. Like, at least people understand why I'm not happy lately, etc. 

I'm thinking next time we will tell more people about the pregnancy too.  

imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • Loading the player...
  • I too have found it healing to share with others. I have found that I know so many people who have gone through a loss and my sharing has opened them up to me as well. We are not alone during this tough time.
  • I'm glad to hear this, I also talk to my sister and mother about it alot. I do find it helpful in my healing process to talk about it. 

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• My experience as well, telling people that I had a m/c and why I missed so much time off from work. 
    Kim Mom to DD - 9 Twin DS - 6 Missing my march baby and trying to pick up the pieces.
  • I feel the same way. It is such a "taboo" topic, but when I bring it up, a lot of people are very helpful to me. I've had people tell me about their miscarriages, and although that doesn't make me feel better, it is helpful knowing other people have made it through the same thing I will.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married since 08-06-11

BFP#1: 6-22-12. EDD: 3-4-13 MMC- 7-24-12 D&C- 8/10/12
    Partial Molar Pregnancy
  • I'm so happy that you're beginning to find peace and happiness again.  I noticed from your ticker that you're even back to tracking your cycles.  I wish you luck and am sending sticky baby dust your way.

I agree with everyone here that it's *extremely* therapeutic to be able to talk to others about what's happening in my life.  I'm surprised at how many women have gone through the same, sad trial in their life and am comforted by their shared stories.  At the same time, I'm just as happy being able to vent and ramble to a silent ear.  Just knowing someone is out there to listen and care is helpful. I don't really understand why m/c is so taboo.  I feel like women are more open now than in the past but it's still not as prevalent or awareness raising as say breast cancer.  Perhaps the reason is because there would be SO many women in despair (I think I read once that roughly half of women will experience a m/c at least once in their reproductive years) that it would be plain depressing?

Either way, I totally just hijacked your post and am rambling again.  I do that a lot lately :/.

Thanks for checking in and glad you're getting better! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know this sounds kind of silly, but reading your responses was like getting a hug.  You guys rock. 

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"