Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

6 week growth spurt

Hello!  Our LO will be 6 weeks tomorrow and has been having a couple of crazy days, I have been feeding her on demand as usual and her naps have been anywhere from an hour to a few all along but the past couple of days she has been more fussy, and her naps are from 20 min up to an hour.  I have been feeding her as much as she wants to calm her down that is the only thing that seems to help which is every 2 hours right on.  We give her the paci but as soon as she figures out no milk is avail she spits it out and fusses again, and seems to calm when walking around doesnt want to sit.  My supply has been pretty good thus far and we have had a decent nights sleep last night (well at least for LO =)  Anyone going thru the same thing, this will pass right and any suggestions?  I will have to do a search thru the other posts.  Have a good evening!

Re: 6 week growth spurt

• Options
    Our LO's 6 week growth spurt was NOT fun and, oddly enough, it was also during a full moon which I don't think helps at all!!  It lasted about 3-4 days for us with her fussiness and not sleeping well at night and then went back to "normal".  Yes, it will defnitely pass! Sometimes just knowing there's a light at the end of the tunnel helps. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS went through a growth spurt around 6 weeks, it was brutal. You just have to go with it and hope it passes soon!
    m/c 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad were not alone! Little guy has been unusually fussy and inconsolable unless I put him on the boob. He will not nap and if he does it's for less than hour. He literally was awake for 8 hours and do grumpy, poor guy must be so overtired. We are trying everything. He also must be held but even then he cries some of the time. Night time he waked up and eats 4oz and wakes up 90 min later and eats atkeast 3oz. This goes on all night after a day of tons of breast feeding. We're on day 3 of this I think so I'm sure we'll get through it soon! :
  • Options
    imageIncognitoSuperhero:
    Glad were not alone! Little guy has been unusually fussy and inconsolable unless I put him on the boob. He will not nap and if he does it's for less than hour. He literally was awake for 8 hours and do grumpy, poor guy must be so overtired. We are trying everything. He also must be held but even then he cries some of the time. Night time he waked up and eats 4oz and wakes up 90 min later and eats atkeast 3oz. This goes on all night after a day of tons of breast feeding. We're on day 3 of this I think so I'm sure we'll get through it soon! :

Sorry for typos! Using my phone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"