October 2011 Moms

Judgement/Judgment Day!

2»

Re: Judgement/Judgment Day!

• Ok I am going to weigh in on this one. when I was pregnant with DS I went through a ton of genetic testing to make sure that DS was OK. Due to my age, there was a high risk that DS would have a genetic disorder, and more specifically, a trisomy disorder. Many of these are very nasty, and often, the fetus won't even make it to term. I was told that if one of these disorders was present, I would have to go to Seattle to terminate the pregnancy. This is a 5+ hour drive each way from where we live. Luckily for us DS was fine. 

The nearest big city to me is Spokane but all of the hospitals there are owned by Catholic Hospitals. All of my genetic testing was done in Spokane but they are unwilling to deal with any aftermath if an issue is found. 

Now on to PP birth control..the Dr's won't let me take hormones because of my age and past issues. my options are condoms, gel, or an IUD.  My Dr will not insert an IUD because it is against his faith. That leaves me with either condoms or gel. The gel isn't as effective as an IUD or BCP, and heaven forbid a condom breaks. 

When I lived in the Bay Area there were many family planning options available and many places to receive women's healthcare. This is just not the case where I live now. 

I also want to point out that I think many people that are pro-choice are not necessarily  that fond of abortions. However, if abortions become extremely difficult to get this doesn't mean that they won't occur. It just means that women are going to resort to obtaining abortions the old fashioned way...unlicensed providers and coat hangers. 

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageWoodsie:

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but what is the cutoff? I'm not sure that a correct answer to this question exists.

Very good point too! In our case we didn't get the results back from our genetic testing until 17 weeks. What to do then?? 

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageWoodsie:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't get the impression that whittier is lumping all abortion-havers together.

There is also a big difference between saying you don't have access to birth control and making an informed decision not to use it.

That is completely possible and your statement is so true too. I have been known to make generalized statements before without thinking about and/or stating that  something isn't always true or correct.

• imageWoodsie:
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't get the impression that whittier is lumping all abortionhavers together.
    There is also a big difference between saying you don't have access to birth control and making annbsp;informed decision not to use it.

Thank you! I'm not, my judgment is for people who are irresponsible and get abortions. I also posted saying I don't think people shouldn't be able to get them.

To each their own, I just know I would hate to be in that situation so I would do anything in my power to prevent it if I wasn't capable of, or willing to take care of a baby.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageWoodsie:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't get the impression that whittier is lumping all abortion-havers together.

There is also a big difference between saying you don't have access to birth control and making an informed decision not to use it.

This is what I was thinking...

I judge some girls I went to high school with, some married, some not, for posting very skanky pictures on facebook. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imageWoodsie:
    imagepennysuedog:

imagethetheisens:
    You can't group together everyone who gets an abortion or everyone who gets birth control or everyone who has an unplanned pregnancy and make judgments about them and then make laws based on those judgments. It's not your bfucking uterus and it's not your decision. Should some people have been more careful? Yes. Is it easy to get birth control in most cases? Yes. But there are plenty of women, even on this board, who have experienced unplanned pregnancies and I think most of us are smart enough to know that unprotected sex(or birth control failure) can lead to pregnancy, but it happens. I was unmarried and young the first time I became pregnant and I obviously decided to continue my pregnancy, but I don't presume to think my decision is the best option for everyone or would want to try to make that choice for anyone else.

I don't think your situation is who they are referring to.  There are woman/girls who use abortion as birth control and have had multiple abortions like 4-5. 

I was 19 and pregnant.  I obviously kept my son and it turned out for the best, I had a very strong relationship with Mh (then BF)we had been together 4 years.  That aside we did consider an abortion, it would have been the easiest thing to do at the time.  We were scared shitless and poorer than ***.  I loved my baby fiercely from the moment I found out I was PG and am so thankful I didn't end his life.  

Many of us make mistakes in life but to treat an abortion as no big deal leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.  To me taking the life of a baby should not be taken casually.  I guess it comes down to the big argument when does life begin?  When does that baby get basic human rights?   I do believe woman should get a choice but I think there should be a gestational cut off. 

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but what is the cutoff? I'm not sure that a correct answer to this question exists.

That is why I say the question is when do you give an unborn baby rights, if you think they should have them? When does their life begin? Birth? 24 weeks? Conception?  After carrying a child I find it hard to believe they are not "a person" until they are born.  I frankly don't know if we will ever come to a consensus on the matter.

I can tell you my personal beliefs, but then again do I have the right to push them on another human.  I believe at some point before birth, a unborn child has the right to live, unless they are endangering the mother's life/ or a medical reasons(SMIT story)  I think if I was making the rule/law it would be earlier in the pregnancy than most people.

I think that medical professionals and private hospitals do have the right to not perform a procedure that goes against their beliefs. This is a bad example:  I don't bring marshmallows to school parties in respect for the Muslim children ( not allowed gelatin made with pork)  I don't expect someone to break their personal/religious beliefs for another. 

I also would talk any friend of mine out of an abortion if I could.  I really wish I had done this for my BFF our senior year of high school.  It was hard for her to go through at the time, but even harder 14 years later, living with regret she still carries around.  

I also think banning abortions out right will do no good.  My own aunt had a wire hanger abortion performed by her mother.  I think I told you all the story of my Aunt Betty.

I consider myself a hardcore conservative, not a hard core Republican.  As I have aged I try to see the world in shades of grey (hee hee) and not just black and white. 

Puppies, rainbows, unicorns, and butterflies. Peace out!

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • When you say abortion is wrong and use an example like someone who gets multiple abortion as a form of birth control it seems to me like you are trying to paint a generalized picture of women who have had an abortion. Of course, most people don't thinks that's okay. The majority of women who get abortions aren't getting abortions multiple time as a form of birth control, so it's not a valid argument to make against abortion.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagewhittier06:
    imageWoodsie:
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't get the impression that whittier is lumping all abortionhavers together. There is also a big difference between saying you don't have access to birth control and making annbsp;informed decision not to use it.
    Thank you! I'm not, my judgment is for people who are irresponsible and get abortions. I also posted saying I don't think people shouldn't be able to get them. To each their own, I just know I would hate to be in that situation so I would do anything in my power to prevent it if I wasn't capable of, or willing to take care of a baby.

Your OP said that you "don't understand" how women can't have access to birth control, and then jumped right into having abortions as after the fact birth control. Which would imply that you connect the two.

I gave you several instances in which a woman might have limited or no access, and Smit is a real life example right there. This is a reality, it's not something people say so they can go get a bunch of abortions.

After having 2u2, I am even more fiercely pro-choice than ever before. The hell that I have gone through with these two babies that I desperately wanted and love so much- I wouldn't wish that on anyone who didn't make an explicit decision to do so. It has been so hard for me. I can't imagine doing it while single, or 17, or with no income.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • That's how I read it, too. I didn't get the impression that she was judging anyone who ended up with an unwanted pregnancy. Just people who get pregnant because they claim to not have access to birth control. I can see why it might not be possible, or desirable, for someone to use the pill, IUD, etc. Condoms are available to everyone, though. They really aren't that expensive. Especially if the alternative is the cost of an abortion, or raising a child. That being said, if someone gets pregnant because they choose not to use birth control they still should have every right to decide whether or not to continue that pregnancy. I don't necessarily agree with the morality of it, but it's not my body. And I can't imagine they take it lightly. Edit: I meant to quote Woodsie.
  • Does this person you know who uses abortion as birth control also happen to be on welfare and drive an Escalade?  Just a guess.

The idea of no abortion might be a nice one, but this country is not ready to handle some one million more unwanted children a year.  We're failing the ones we have now.

Wouldn't it be great if all pregnancies were wanted?  Sure.  Too bad we never have and never will live on that planet.

History lesson: The abortion rate has held steady at about a million a year since the turn of the 20th century.  Yeah, that's 73 years before Roe v. Wade.  The only thing that made it drop to a record low 900,000 something per year?  The morning after pill. 

So per capita, we're doing a lot better with the various methods of birth control we have now.

• imagecrystalbaby:
    Cake farting is more pressing, Ovey. Resistance is futile; everyone wants in your vagina!

Also, meatloaf farts.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagepearblossom:

imagecrystalbaby:
    Cake farting is more pressing, Ovey. Resistance is futile; everyone wants in your vagina!

Also, meatloaf farts.

Is that just a cake fart you have saved up for a couple days? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagecrystalbaby:
    imagepearblossom:

imagecrystalbaby:

Also, meatloaf farts.

Those felt a little forced to me. The cake farts were more believable. I felt like I was more in the moment with those.

I was LOLing at the horrified friend "what have you done to the meatloaf?!"

• WHO THOUGHT OF THIS!?!
  • imagecrystalbaby:
    imagethetheisens:
    imagepearblossom:

imagecrystalbaby:

Also, meatloaf farts.

Is that just a cake fart you have saved up for a couple days? 

Oh, no. There *might* be a website that has the name cakefarting in the title. It is probably highly inappropriate and disturbing to most people. To a select few, it might be the most hilarious thing that they have ever seen. Even if their husband is unimpressed and disgusted. 

I must have missed something.  I just looked that that site.  W.T.F.???  I've heard of people getting off on sh!t, but sitting on a cake and farting?  Is the cake supposed to look like poop?  I don't get it?  Huh?! Wha?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagecrystalbaby:

imageoverture:
    WHO THOUGHT OF THIS!?!

Well, I didn't invent cake farting if that is what you're asking. 

sure...

• imagecrystalbaby:
    imageChunstad:
    imagecrystalbaby:

imageoverture:
    WHO THOUGHT OF THIS!?!

Well, I didn't invent cake farting if that is what you're asking. 

sure...

You don't know my lyfe!!!

We all now have a good idea...

• imageoverture:
    Does this person you know who uses abortion as birth control also happen to be on welfare and drive an Escalade?nbsp; Just a guess.The idea of no abortion might be a nice one, but this country is not ready to handle some one million more unwanted children a year.nbsp; We're failing the ones we have now.Wouldn't it be great if all pregnancies were wanted?nbsp; Sure.nbsp; Too bad we never have and never will live on that planet.History lesson: The abortion rate has held steady at about a million a year since the turn of the 20th century.nbsp; Yeah, that's 73 years before Roe v. Wade.nbsp; The only thing that made it drop to a record low 900,000 something per year?nbsp; The morning after pill.nbsp; So per capita, we're doing a lot better with the various methods of birth control we have now.

The first part of this is a very accurate description of the many people I know who treat abortion like birth control, yes.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imagewhittier06:
    imageoverture:
    Does this person you know who uses abortion as birth control also happen to be on welfare and drive an Escalade?nbsp; Just a guess.The idea of no abortion might be a nice one, but this country is not ready to handle some one million more unwanted children a year.nbsp; We're failing the ones we have now.Wouldn't it be great if all pregnancies were wanted?nbsp; Sure.nbsp; Too bad we never have and never will live on that planet.History lesson: The abortion rate has held steady at about a million a year since the turn of the 20th century.nbsp; Yeah, that's 73 years before Roe v. Wade.nbsp; The only thing that made it drop to a record low 900,000 something per year?nbsp; The morning after pill.nbsp; So per capita, we're doing a lot better with the various methods of birth control we have now.
    The first part of this is a very accurate description of the many people I know who treat abortion like birth control, yes.

Bahahahahahahahahaha. 

• imagewhittier06:
    imageoverture:
    Oh dear....
  • imagepearblossom:

imagewhittier06:
    imageoverture:

Bahahahahahahahahaha. 

Hmm, skittles, Escalades and government paid unlimited abortions sounds awesome. I'm totes quitting my job today and going on welfare! As for the $20 birth control argument that is assuming someone has access to reliable information on how birth control, sex, and their body works on top of all the other arguments everyone listed. How are we supposed to expect the next generation of grown women to understand those things when the extent of their education is whispers from friends and skeevy boyfriends about not being able to get pregnant the first time, on their period, if the guy pulls out, if they do it doggy style and that their only choice should be to just not do it which is wholly unrealistic.

• Cake farting... I'm speechless.  I think I just died.  Crystal where do you find this?

My fffc, I am finally part-time at work.  DH expects me to keep the house spotless, do you think I've figured out how to do that now that I've been home more for the last month?  Nope.  This whole sahm mom thing is way harder than going to work.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"