January 2012 Moms
Options

Another CD question - tubby babies :)

I've gotten some great info and help from a few moms here already and I wanted to thank you once again. I'm very interesting in CDing and want to give it a try. I think I"ll just buy a pack of 2 or 3 and see how it goes.

I've also gotten a great review for BumGenius and sounds like those seem to be very popular and a great option. (the one with the snaps not valcro).

The only thing I've noticed is that BumGenius has fewer snaps than for example Charlie Banana and was wondering if that may be an issue for a tubby baby such as my DD :) I also like all the cute designs that Charlie Banana offers :P

What CD do you use and what are your likes/dislikes?

TIA!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another CD question - tubby babies :)

• Options

I'm not using bumgenius, but what's the weight range on them?  If they're like other one size diapers graded to fit to 35lbs, you'll get some good use on them.  Even if you're on one of the outer snaps at first, your LO will slim down some when they start walking.  Many say they had to snap it tighter once LO got moving.

I personally use flips with prefolds.  We like that the prefolds are easier to get clean, and the flip covers will last until 35lbs (although our lunker might need to go to the potty training diapers if he follows in his daddy's footsteps and gets to 30 by age 1).

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    I'm switching to all in ones Bum Genius Freetimes and Tots Bots easyfits. DJ tends to not empty pockets and I'm tired of finding bunched up inserts in pockets in the wash.

I loooove BG. We've never had a leak or blowout with them. They are super adjustable too. I have mostly snaps, but some aplix for DH. He never snaps them tight .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

I'll just have to buy a few samples and try them out :)
    I"m so excited!! lol

• Options
    Never tried the charlie banana but I am gonna go.look at the designs and possibly drool a little :p I have to say tho for what its worth I have 4 diapers with design on them and I tend to not want to use them often... becuz they rarely match, and im a goof like that. I like the solid brights and I have 3 ivory and a white, some light pink and purple. If dd was in disposables I would never do a shirt and a diaper but with the cloth they look like a cover and I like to match the diapers to the shirts. You don't have to stick with one brand either, get a few and see what you like! If you really dislike something throw it up on CL someone will want it :
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Options
    We love our BG 4.0s! DD is not a skinny minny and they fit her well. We had some Charlie Banana diapers when she was smaller size small, not OS and we did like them, but DD tended to leak out of them a bit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Options
    Oh, and BG is running a buy 5 get 1 free sale through tomorrow.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"