Eco-Friendly Family

dish soap? (XP from Sept '11)

What do you guys use for dish soap, and in your dishwasher?

We recently switched to Dr. Bronner's for a lot of household stuff, and last week when we ran out of our old chemically dish soap, I tried Dr. B's for that too.  But I didn't like it for dishes.  Maybe I had it diluted too much (3:1, just like I use for hand soap), but it just didn't feel like it was getting things as clean as I like.  So I bought a bottle of 7th generation dish soap, which I like enough, but I'd still rather find something else/something cheaper/something multi-purpose.  We're still using up our chemically dishwasher packet things, but I'm going to need ideas for dishwasher soap soon, too.  I haven't tried Dr. B's in the dishwasher yet.

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: dish soap? (XP from Sept '11)

• I really like the product OxyBoost for some household chores and my cloth diapers... well, my son's cloth diapers. I think the company that makes it, Pacific Sands, has some other products for laundry, dishes, and pools.

Personally, I have been using Seventh Generation dish soap and dishwasher liquid. I get it at a Super Target and it isn't terribly expensive. You may want to check on ordering it in bulk from Amazon for cost savings. Of course, there are other products out there you could check on. You could probably even find recipes for making your own! Good luck on finding the right product for your dishes!

• I use BioKleen brand dish soap and buy it by the gallon from a coop to negate the cost. I also use their dishwasher detergent sometimes. I still haven't really locked on to a favorite dishwasher detergent, but theirs is decent.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • For scrubbing pots/pans I use baking soda... that got out marks I thought were permanant in like 30 seconds.

I use our compliments greencare right now... it's the best I could find locally

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we use ecover tabs for the dishwsher and mrs. meyers liquid dish soap for the sink. I buy both when they're on sale.
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • we use Biokleen dishwasher detergent. best stuff i've found. leaves no film. it seems expensive, but you use sooo little that it lasts forever. (7th gen left a nasty film on my dishes)

Vinegar as the rinse agent

for dish soap i use Earth Friendly. lovely smell and a little goes a long way. 

use ECU025 code on iherb and get $10 off an order of $40 (or $5 off $20) plus free shipping :)

• I love Grabgreen cleaning products!  They're made from naturally derived ingredients and really work!!

www.wildorchidmama.wordpress.com

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"