October 2011 Moms

Judgement/Judgment Day!

I thought I would spell it both ways....  so I wouldn't get judged.  :) 

Married 08/18/07
BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Judgement/Judgment Day!

• I'm judging a FB friend for posting how she is sleep training her 12 week old. Especially after she posts that she sleeps 7 hours a night as it is. It's just my opinion that babies at that age aren't ready. I probably judge her more than I would any other mom because of some of the things she's posted before.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemorsey2011:
    I'm judging a FB friend for posting how she is sleep training her 12 week old.

I can't even imagine. Is she CIO? That's downright abusive!

• Loading the player...
  • imageaml+japan:
    imagemorsey2011:

That is what I was wondering. It would depend on the type of sleep training she is doing whether it would bother me or not. We did "sleep training" with DS when he was only a few weeks old but it was really just a very strict routine in the evenings. (No lights, no TV, no talking, sleep sack, last bottle, burp, goes to bed, no diaper changes at night unless there was a blow out, etc.) However, based on what the OP said it sounds like the FB friend has a habit of doing stupid things.

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageaml+japan:
    imagemorsey2011:

IMO, I think it's really harsh to say it's abusive to do CIO for a 3 month old. We started doing CIO with DD at a little over 4 months. She wasn't sleeping 7 hours, though, she was still getting up every 3 hours to eat.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm from MS and while we are mostly getting a lot of rain and wind, I'm still judging the girl on fb who is worried that the hurricane might mess up her wedding in a couple of weeks.

I'm sure if it was me I would be concerned too, but I sure wouldn't post about it and I might be more concerned about all the people that are seriously being affected by the storm.

• I judge a girl who was so obsessed with her wedding she would put her wedding dress on everyday and look at herself in the mirror.  She told me and FB all about it. Her constant wedding updates last year were annoying on FB.  Now this year months out she had already started posting about her anniversary.  She asked on there if she should wear her wedding dress for her anniversary pictures. 
  • imagesmit5009:

imageaml+japan:
    imagemorsey2011:

That is what I was wondering. It would depend on the type of sleep training she is doing whether it would bother me or not. We did "sleep training" with DS when he was only a few weeks old but it was really just a very strict routine in the evenings. (No lights, no TV, no talking, sleep sack, last bottle, burp, goes to bed, no diaper changes at night unless there was a blow out, etc.) However, based on what the OP said it sounds like the FB friend has a habit of doing stupid things.

She said she was laying in bed listening to the baby, so I'm assuming CIO. Her mom had told her on FB to let the baby cry when she was 3 weeks old, so maybe she listens to her mom's parenting advice. I did respond to that status saying a 3 week old doesn't need to be left to cry.

It's not that she does stupid stuff, it's how she portrays herself as the perfect mom and wife. That's what annoys me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagelissfriedrice:
    I judge a girl who was so obsessed with her wedding she would put her wedding dress on everyday and look at herself in the mirror.  She told me and FB all about it. Her constant wedding updates last year were annoying on FB.  Now this year months out she had already started posting about her anniversary.  She asked on there if she should wear her wedding dress for her anniversary pictures. 

I totally put my wedding dress on on our first anniversary. I did not take pictures because I didn't want everyone to know I was crazy. The main reason I haven't gotten in sealed up in one of those boxes yet is because then I couldn't take it out and look at it or ever wear it again.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I judge people who take the bullsh!t the Ontario government is spouting about their proposed legislation of teachers at face value and don't look at it more closely.  They're lying about their motivations and the purpose behind it and so many people are falling for it and saying "Damn those teachers who don't care about kids and are just greedy and wanting to strike."  Confused  Seriously, people, use your critical thinking skills.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• imagethetheisens:

imagelissfriedrice:
    I judge a girl who was so obsessed with her wedding she would put her wedding dress on everyday and look at herself in the mirror.  She told me and FB all about it. Her constant wedding updates last year were annoying on FB.  Now this year months out she had already started posting about her anniversary.  She asked on there if she should wear her wedding dress for her anniversary pictures. 

I totally put my wedding dress on on our first anniversary. I did not take pictures because I didn't want everyone to know I was crazy. The main reason I haven't gotten in sealed up in one of those boxes yet is because then I couldn't take it out and look at it or ever wear it again.

I know it's the girl who has gotten under my skin.  I am glad we don't live in the same area anymore.  You wouldn't believe some of the things she has said.  For example, she is proud her family owned slaves! 

My dress isn't in a box either...I don't know what to do with it.  It will be out of style for Izzy...I don't think she will want it.  I was going to have it cut up for her baptism dress, but didn't know anyone locally who could do it.  Sell it?  

• imagelissfriedrice:
    imagethetheisens:

imagelissfriedrice:

I know it's the girl who has gotten under my skin.  I am glad we don't live in the same area anymore.  You wouldn't believe some of the things she has said.  For example, she is proud her family owned slaves! 

My dress isn't in a box either...I don't know what to do with it.  It will be out of style for Izzy...I don't think she will want it.  I was going to have it cut up for her baptism dress, but didn't know anyone locally who could do it.  Sell it?  

I donated mine to an organization that provides prom dresses to girls who wouldn't be able to get one. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagelissfriedrice:

You could donate it.  I haven't done anything with my dress yet, it's still hanging in my old bedroom at my parents' house.  I know it's impractical to keep it for Lily to wear someday (I'm keeping the veil for her, though!), but I'm not ready to get rid of it yet.  When I am, I'm going to donate it.  There are organizations around here that gather things like wedding dresses so that brides who can't afford it can still get to wear a pretty dress on their wedding day.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• imagepearblossom:
    imagelissfriedrice:
    imagethetheisens:

imagelissfriedrice:

I donated mine to an organization that provides prom dresses to girls who wouldn't be able to get one. 

Ah, that's cool.  It would be good of me to pay it forward.  Mine was donated by a designer.  I camped out over night with DH and our greyhound.  I was the second person in line.   Brides Across America.  They give to deployed military and fiances. Both DH and I were deployed that year.  

• I never thought about donating it, that's a great idea. It seems like everyone saves them for their daughters, but I have never known anyone who actually wore their mother's wedding dress. 

• imageLCass:
    imagelissfriedrice:

You could donate it.  I haven't done anything with my dress yet, it's still hanging in my old bedroom at my parents' house.  I know it's impractical to keep it for Lily to wear someday (I'm keeping the veil for her, though!), but I'm not ready to get rid of it yet.  When I am, I'm going to donate it.  There are organizations around here that gather things like wedding dresses so that brides who can't afford it can still get to wear a pretty dress on their wedding day.

You and Pear have inspired me.  I am going to find an organization to give the dress to.  

• imagethetheisens:
    I never thought about donating it, that's a great idea. It seems like everyone saves them for their daughters, but I have never known anyone who actually wore their mother's wedding dress.nbsp;

I wore my moms dress for engagement pictures and rehearsal.

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
    Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
    IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
    Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
    Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelissfriedrice:
    imageLCass:
    imagelissfriedrice:

You and Pear have inspired me.  I am going to find an organization to give the dress to.  

This is a great idea but I am not sure if anyone would like my dress. It is from my first marriage back in 1993 when there was still a bit of 80's style hanging around.

I judge my co-workers everyday and so do my collaborators. They used to be referred to as "The Peanut Gallery" but after I sent my collaborators this video, my co-workers are now referred to as monkeys. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Y-_JAjAwE

(sorry not clicky) 

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageAA0417:

imagethetheisens:
    I never thought about donating it, that's a great idea. It seems like everyone saves them for their daughters, but I have never known anyone who actually wore their mother's wedding dress. 

I was going to wear my great grandma's wedding dress except my boobs grew from a B at the time I got the dress (she gave it to me before her passing) from her to a very full DD by the time I got married (about 8 years later or so) so there was no getting them into it. Her dress is a more classic/timeless style. It is a somewhat form fitting silk dress with the loose neckline that hangs down and kind of layers itself (I can't think of the term for it). No way would I have worn my mom's dress though. I'm sure it was nice at the time but way out of style by the time I got married.

That's the thing, people end up wearing their grandmother or great-grandmother's dress because it's old and classic.  Their mom's is just out of style.  My friend was supposed to wear her older sister's (about 15 years difference between them, I think) but ended up buying a new one because she would have spent almost as much altering her sister's into something fashionable for now.

• imageMackalien13:

imageSuperDeDuper:
    I judge myself for not losing the weight that I need to lose.  I've never been a skinny girl but I have been in pretty good shape at different times of my life but this is not one of them.  I'm frustrated.  I'm sad.  And I judge myself for failing at this. 

Amen, sister. This 9 months on, 9 months off it BS. Also, ice cream tastes better than skinny feels. FACT.

I second this. 

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • I'm sure I will get flamed for this but I lose a little bit of respect for a woman I hear planning on voting for Romney. I have a friend who was married and got an abortion because she didn't want to be pregnant since she was considering filing for divorce and had 2 kids and didn't want another. I drove her to the clinic and sat with her while she got it done and she was so happy and relieved, she actually took me and bought me lunch and was smiling all day then we went to our kids soccer practice together. She posts all the time about how great Romney is and it makes sick that she is supporting him when she had such a positive experience having a completely optional abortion from a semi intentional pregnancy (they weren't TTC but weren't always careful because she didn't have access to BC) within the confines of her marriage. 
  • I judge my dumb-a$$ cousin for being a terrible mother. She smoked and did drugs during her pregnancy and her child has a TON of medical problems. At this point, the poor baby is 5 months old and OBESE. I've never seen an obese infant before. Its really terrible.
                                   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagecantalopes24:
    I'm sure I will get flamed for this but I lose a little bit of respect for a woman I hear planning on voting for Romney. I have a friend who was married and got an abortion because she didn't want to be pregnant since she was considering filing for divorce and had 2 kids and didn't want another. I drove her to the clinic and sat with her while she got it done and she was so happy and relieved, she actually took me and bought me lunch and was smiling all day then we went to our kids soccer practice together. She posts all the time about how great Romney is and it makes sick that she is supporting him when she had such a positive experience having a completely optional abortion from a semi intentional pregnancy (they weren't TTC but weren't always careful because she didn't have access to BC) within the confines of her marriage. 

If you think Romney is going to take away abortion that's silly.  In fact I don't think any politician will ever take away a woman's right to an abortion entirely.  Voting a certain way because you need your political record to say something is not the same thing as actually doing it.  All politicians do this.  ALL.  And the Supreme Court has spoken on this issue.  It's over.  It's just a hot button people choose to focus on. 

image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • imageebp913:

imagecantalopes24:
    I'm sure I will get flamed for this but I lose a little bit of respect for a woman I hear planning on voting for Romney. I have a friend who was married and got an abortion because she didn't want to be pregnant since she was considering filing for divorce and had 2 kids and didn't want another. I drove her to the clinic and sat with her while she got it done and she was so happy and relieved, she actually took me and bought me lunch and was smiling all day then we went to our kids soccer practice together. She posts all the time about how great Romney is and it makes sick that she is supporting him when she had such a positive experience having a completely optional abortion from a semi intentional pregnancy (they weren't TTC but weren't always careful because she didn't have access to BC) within the confines of her marriage. 

If you think Romney is going to take away abortion that's silly.  In fact I don't think any politician will ever take away a woman's right to an abortion entirely.  Voting a certain way because you need your political record to say something is not the same thing as actually doing it.  All politicians do this.  ALL.  And the Supreme Court has spoken on this issue.  It's over.  It's just a hot button people choose to focus on. 

I am very very annoyed with election season already if you can't tell.  . 

image   image
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • imageebp913:

imagecantalopes24:

Its not just the abortion thing, it's the derogatory comments, restrictions on birth control, all of it. And while they may not be able to ban it they can restrict it enough to make it nearly impossible to get one. Our country doesn't have a set religion so why attempt to run it like it does?
  • imagecantalopes24:
    imageebp913:

imagecantalopes24:

Its not just the abortion thing, it's the derogatory comments, restrictions on birth control, all of it. And while they may not be able to ban it they can restrict it enough to make it nearly impossible to get one. Our country doesn't have a set religion so why attempt to run it like it does?

I get so frustrated by people running the country like there is a religion.  We don't even have an official language!  What bothers me so much is that most republicans have to have a record of being "pro-life" to appease voters.  I feel like both parties are just pandering to their constituency. I know you have to do this to get elected but it's like you are just letting ignorant people dictate your voting patterns.  I want Ron Paul to be president.  He doesn't seem to pander. 

image   image
  • I've never understood when people say they don't have access to birth control. Especially not a grown woman. You can get birth control for 20 a month with zero insurance. I seriously don't get it. I'm sure this is going to get flamed but abortion shouldn't used as afterthefact birth control. That disgusts me, more that the stupid sh!t Romney says...
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imagewhittier06:
    I've never understood when people say they don't have access to birth control. Especially not a grown woman. You can get birth control for 20 a month with zero insurance. I seriously don't get it. I'm sure this is going to get flamed but abortion shouldn't used as afterthefact birth control. That disgusts me, more that the stupid sh!t Romney says...

Couldn't agree more. Accidents happen, but most of the stories I've heard of recently are not "accidents" they're acts of irresponsibility. I have several relatives who have multiple children from unplanned/unwanted pregnancies. We're talking 3+! I cannot be that you still don't know why this keeps happening!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You can't group together everyone who gets an abortion or everyone who gets birth control or everyone who has an unplanned pregnancy and make judgments about them and then make laws based on those judgments. It's not your bfucking uterus and it's not your decision. Should some people have been more careful? Yes. Is it easy to get birth control in most cases? Yes. But there are plenty of women, even on this board, who have experienced unplanned pregnancies and I think most of us are smart enough to know that unprotected sex(or birth control failure) can lead to pregnancy, but it happens. I was unmarried and young the first time I became pregnant and I obviously decided to continue my pregnancy, but I don't presume to think my decision is the best option for everyone or would want to try to make that choice for anyone else.

• imagethetheisens:
    You can't group together everyone who gets an abortion or everyone who gets birth control or everyone who has an unplanned pregnancy and make judgments about them and then make laws based on those judgments. It's not your bfucking uterus and it's not your decision. Should some people have been more careful? Yes. Is it easy to get birth control in most cases? Yes. But there are plenty of women, even on this board, who have experienced unplanned pregnancies and I think most of us are smart enough to know that unprotected sexor birth control failure can lead to pregnancy, but it happens. I was unmarried and young the first time I became pregnant and I obviously decided to continue my pregnancy, but I don't presume to think my decision is the best option for everyone or would want to try to make that choice for anyone else.

I'm all for women making their own decisions, it doesn't mean I think an abortion is ok. I don't have to like it, it doesn't mean they can't do it. I think there is almost always another option. My opinion about abortions doesn't stem from judgment, it seriously breaks my heart to think about it and I wish it never had to happen.
  • imagethetheisens:
    You can't group together everyone who gets an abortion or everyone who gets birth control or everyone who has an unplanned pregnancy and make judgments about them and then make laws based on those judgments. It's not your bfucking uterus and it's not your decision. Should some people have been more careful? Yes. Is it easy to get birth control in most cases? Yes. But there are plenty of women, even on this board, who have experienced unplanned pregnancies and I think most of us are smart enough to know that unprotected sex(or birth control failure) can lead to pregnancy, but it happens. I was unmarried and young the first time I became pregnant and I obviously decided to continue my pregnancy, but I don't presume to think my decision is the best option for everyone or would want to try to make that choice for anyone else.

I don't think your situation is who they are referring to.  There are woman/girls who use abortion as birth control and have had multiple abortions like 4-5. 

I was 19 and pregnant.  I obviously kept my son and it turned out for the best, I had a very strong relationship with Mh (then BF)we had been together 4 years.  That aside we did consider an abortion, it would have been the easiest thing to do at the time.  We were scared shitless and poorer than ***.  I loved my baby fiercely from the moment I found out I was PG and am so thankful I didn't end his life.  

Many of us make mistakes in life but to treat an abortion as no big deal leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.  To me taking the life of a baby should not be taken casually.  I guess it comes down to the big argument when does life begin?  When does that baby get basic human rights?   I do believe woman should get a choice but I think there should be a gestational cut off. 

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • imagePappsMcgee:
    imagelissfriedrice:
    imagethetheisens:

imagelissfriedrice:

Since I scored on my dress and the resale value isn't big, I'm going to take yearly pics of DD on (around) her bday until she says no. I thought it would make for a cute album

That is a cute idea!  

• imagewhittier06:
    I've never understood when people say they don't have access to birth control. Especially not a grown woman. You can get birth control for 20 a month with zero insurance. I seriously don't get it. I'm sure this is going to get flamed but abortion shouldn't used as afterthefact birth control. That disgusts me, more that the stupid sh!t Romney says...

Well, count yourself lucky that you've never been in their shoes and quit being an azz. Damn skippy you deserve a flaming. Let's take your hypothetical $20 birth control. What kind is that? The pill? What about women who can't take the pill? What about women who don't want to? If I didn't have insurance, I would never be able to afford an IUD and you or Mitt Romney can't force me to pump my body full of artificial hormones. So what then? Do I just not have consensual adult sex with MH anymore? Maybe we use condoms. Those cost $$ too. What if I have trouble affording them? What if I do have $20 and I do want to take the pill but I can't get time off from my working class job to go and get them during doctors' hours?

Shall I go on? There are a lot of problems with your little solution, honey.

I'm also going to go ahead and assume that you've never been in the position of having to make a life changing, heart wrenching choice about a surprise pregnancy. Because if you had, you would never sit here and say that people use it casually as birth control. There may be a handful of sociopaths out there who don't feel a thing when having an abortion, but the vast majority cry themselves to sleep for months.

What an awful, coldhearted thing for you to say.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagepearblossom:

imagewhittier06:

Well, count yourself lucky that you've never been in their shoes and quit being an azz. Damn skippy you deserve a flaming. Let's take your hypothetical $20 birth control. What kind is that? The pill? What about women who can't take the pill? What about women who don't want to? If I didn't have insurance, I would never be able to afford an IUD and you or Mitt Romney can't force me to pump my body full of artificial hormones. So what then? Do I just not have consensual adult sex with MH anymore? Maybe we use condoms. Those cost $$ too. What if I have trouble affording them? What if I do have $20 and I do want to take the pill but I can't get time off from my working class job to go and get them during doctors' hours?

I'm also going to go ahead and assume that you've never been in the position of having to make a life changing, heart wrenching choice about a surprise pregnancy. Because if you had, you would never sit here and say that people use it casually as birth control. There may be a handful of sociopaths out there who don't feel a thing when having an abortion, but the vast majority cry themselves to sleep for months.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love you, Pear.

• imagepearblossom:

imagewhittier06:

It is not an awful thing to say, and you have zero idea of what I have and have not been through. What an awful thing for you to assume, honey.

People who get multiple abortions are absolutely doing it as a form of birth control, and I personally know people through working with the health department that certainly think that it is no big deal to get an abortion.

I really do feel for people who think they have no other choice, I would never wish that feeling on anyone.

• imagewhittier06:
    imagepearblossom:

imagewhittier06:

It is not an awful thing to say, and you have zero idea of what I have and have not been through. What an awful thing for you to assume, honey.

People who get multiple abortions are absolutely doing it as a form of birth control, and I personally know people through working with the health department that certainly think that it is no big deal to get an abortion.

I really do feel for people who think they have no other choice, I would never wish that feeling on anyone.

So everyone who gets an abortion has to lay their emotional struggle bare for you in order for it to be good enough? Unless you can provide a population of women, not just one or two, who have said to you the exact phrase "I use abortion as birth control and I don't care"- your argument is invalid. You can't make sweeping judgments about women in a position that you are not in just because you have spoken with them. I can't know your lyfe but you can know theirs? 

And what about the birth control questions? You didn't even touch that one- because you know it was a mean spirited and ignorant thing to say. Why else would you assume the flames were on their way to you?

Women like you who look down their noses at the struggles of their own sex disgust me more than any abortion haver, any day.

• imagepearblossom:
    imagewhittier06:
    imagepearblossom:

imagewhittier06:

So everyone who gets an abortion has to lay their emotional struggle bare for you in order for it to be good enough? Unless you can provide a population of women, not just one or two, who have said to you the exact phrase "I use abortion as birth control and I don't care"- your argument is invalid. You can't make sweeping judgments about women in a position that you are not in just because you have spoken with them. I can't know your lyfe but you can know theirs? 

And what about the birth control questions? You didn't even touch that one- because you know it was a mean spirited and ignorant thing to say. Why else would you assume the flames were on their way to you?

Women like you who look down their noses at the struggles of their own sex disgust me more than any abortion haver, any day.

As if my explanation of the birth control would have even mattered? I didn't have insurance and was on the pill for a year. It cost me 19 something a month. But I know invalid arguments and anecdotes and blah blah.

• Pear said it all better than I would have. You are clearly making blanket statements based off "women you know who have gotten multiple abortions". Thankfully you are not the judge and jury for women who have gotten abortions and you don't get to decide who and why someone gets one. The majority of women don't think it's NBD and don't use it as birth control. 

• imagewhittier06:
    As if my explanation of the birth control would have even mattered? I didn't have insurance and was on the pill for a year. It cost me 19 something a month. But I know invalid arguments and anecdotes and blah blah.

But did you have bootstraps and skittles?

• I'm totally judging my SIL who thought she was going to be able to exclusively pump without reading anything or knowing anything about the process.  She had her baby the other day, didn't BF in the hospital, didn't pump, was there for 2 days and didn't even talk to the Lactation Consultant.

I do not judge her for her decision. I judge her for going into this uninformed.

• imagepearblossom:

imagewhittier06:

Thank God you said this! My fingers were itching and my bitchiness was about to explode. WTF?! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"