Working Moms

Hard few days, but it will be worth it...

I'm in a tough point in my work week where just by scheduling I had an evening meeting last night and I have an evening meeting tonight, meaning I won't see my kids for two nights in a row, as they will be asleep when I get home:( Also, DS started back to daycare today after being home with relatives and Dad all summer, so it was a tougher than usual morning as I dropped him off. Just a sad day:( These weeks don't happen often, and I miss my kids.

BUT, I have a 4-day weekend and can't wait to fill them all up with lots of snuggles and good times with my family! Cheers to all the working moms today who are putting in the long hours and bringing home the bacon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hard few days, but it will be worth it...

• Oh, I loooooove short weeks. Work will always be there. Extra time with my fam is a blessing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yah for 4 day wknds! I hope you find time to relax too.

Your last few days is like my week next week, I can relate. But then I'm going on vacay so I can still relate w/ your long wknd family time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I just started back to work from maternity leave, and I'm finding that between my commute, and the baby sleeping longer because she does NOT nap at daycare, she's asleep when I leave in the morning and asleep when I get home from work.  I haven't spent time with her at ALL this week! :( I don't even get to bond during feedings, because she never latched and I exclusively pump, so DH gets to do all the feedings while I feel like a dairy cow hooked up in the other room :(

Thank GOD for the long weekend, I'm not going to put her down once! And then next week, I start wfh two days a week, so at least I'll get to see her mornings and nights on 2 days a week!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hear ya! As is I work all day and go directly to school after. Which means I only see DS when I wake him up in the morning and take him to preschool. I get home about 11 pm so he's already sound asleep! Can't wait til I'm done with school and only working 9 hours a day! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"