June 2012 Moms

Does anybody else's baby get mistaken for the wrong sex constantly?

My little boy is always called she!? Maybe this is just the nicer side to err on?

I dont care so much, but my husband gets a little offended. It happens alot. Maybe it's because he has alot of hair

The most recent comment was saturday... while he was wearing this shirt??? Cmon.  (excuse my aw moment- I love this pic!)

Any body else notice this?

(and yes I changed the post title- dont want to offend) 

Re: Does anybody else's baby get mistaken for the wrong sex constantly?

• no, she wears really girly stuff
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My DS has been called a girl plenty of times, but I keep his hair longer than the typical boy not really long, but longish... DD has been called a boy once, but in all fairness, she was wearing a white onesie with brown pants and the guy saw only the back of her head lol

Doesn't offend me one bit!
  • Loading the player...
  • Grr I hate the mobile bump removing parentheses! Sorry for my terrible grammar!
  • no.....I guess he looks like a boy..
  • A couple of times when she's been in her carseat she's been called a boy. To be fair, I don't dress her prissy very often and her carseat is gender neutral.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep, DD gets mistaken for a boy sometimes. The most recent time she was wearing an outfit with a skirt. Oh well!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I dress him in blue alot since thats all you really get at first for boy clothes anyways. At least once a week I get a "she." I have a green and black carseat but with blue it looks boy-ish. 

Its not like he looks like a man yet- hes a baby. So it doesnt bother me. I just think its weird.

• Yes! My daughter gets called "gets how old is he" all the time.  She does have a brown and teal carseat/stroller, but most of the time she is dressed girly.  The most recent mistake was when she was wearing a pink onsie with a pink blanket and a purple nuk.  I dont really care at this point, I just hope that once she gets some hair people will be able to tell.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The other day I had someone say "oh your son is so cute".......my DAUGHTER was wearing a hot pink onesie with a bow in her hair!!!! yup, way to be observant!
  • Fed Ex guy told me, "she is beautiful" the other day. He has a luxurious head of hair for a boy so, yeah, its probably the hair that throws people off.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD was being mistaken as a boy enough (being bald and dressed in gender neutral) that I started to dress in pink (which I swore I would never do). Alas, she is still mistaken for a boy - even wearing bows and dressed in pink and all. **Sigh** I am learning to have to laugh it off.
  • My DS got called "she" one time. I only thought it was weird because he was wearing a blue outfit. I wasn't offended though.

Btw OP your LO is so cute! :
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Even when Renee is wearing pink she sometimes gets called a boy. It is so frustrating to me, but I've just come to the conclusion that everyone is stupid. :D
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"