Parenting after 35

Hi and Question about aunt flo

I haven't been on this board for a while but it seems like all the women on SAHM are in their twenties and I have an "old lady" question. 

Last week was supposed to be my period. I am on the pill so I am regular despite the fact that I have PCOS. I had all the symptoms of a period but no period. Weird? Should I worry? I just turned 39. Could this be the start of menopause or am I just jumping to conclusions? (I know I am not pregnant) 

I would call my OB but I hate her and am going to start seeing a new dr when it is time for my annual. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hi and Question about aunt flo

• With some pills you completely skip a period but can have some symptoms. I've had that (on Loestrin24Fe). I'm not concerned about menopause yet, and I'm 42. I expect it closer to 50, like my mom.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • imagerobynlesley:
    With some pills you completely skip a period but can have some symptoms. I've had that (on Loestrin24Fe). I'm not concerned about menopause yet, and I'm 42. I expect it closer to 50, like my mom.

Yes to all this, and POAS anyway. I got pregnant with DS when I was on the pill. And taking it properly. And not on antibiotics.

• Loading the player...
  • When in doubt, put your mind at ease and take a cheapie test. 

It is well known that you can start having symptoms as young as 35, but it's possible for the body to skip a period from time to time, you're PG, or it'll just be a matter of time... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You know you're not pregnant because you haven't had sex this month or because you are on the pill?  If it's the latter, POAS.

If it's the former, I'd wait it out another month.  Menopause (even early onset) doesn't stop your periods cold one day.  It's a lengthy fun process that generally takes years.  Yipee.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • I don't have PCOS (not officially diagnosed, anyway), but I did have one polycystic ovary that got so bad they removed it when I was 13. Afterwards, I'd get periods only about 10 times a year. And it was typical to sometimes feel all the premenstrual symptoms but not get an actual period till the next month. I know I have some kind of weird endocrine disorder (no-one's yet figured out what it is, exactly) similar to PCOS, so I think weird symptoms kind of go with the territory when you have endocrine problems in general.

But I second what everyone else has said: take a pregnancy test anyway ... you never know!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"