March 2013 Moms

Anyone else getting this?

Before getting pregnant I was plagued with migraines. Once I got pregnant I stopped getting them, which was great! About three weeks ago I got my first migraine that actually made me sick for the first time in this pregnancy. I got my second migraine a week ago. The link I have found is that the pressure starts at the base of my skull just above my neck.

I have been getting a lot of this discomfort in my neck lately. I thought I just needed a new pillow, so I got one. But that does not seem to be doing anything. I haven't read anything about next pain as a symptom of pregnancy, but I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

Re: Anyone else getting this?

• Is it neck pain or a migraine? Or do you think the neck pain is triggering the migraine?

I lucked out and haven't had one since pregnant (I was taking a pill daily to prevent them). But its also not uncommon for women to get migraines as a result of pregnancy (hormones, increased blood volume, etc.). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think the neck pain is causing the migraines. I have had some sinus headaches that aren't bad, but it seems like when the neck pain starts it leads to a full blown migraine (sensitivity to light, nausea leading to vomiting).

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • A lot of migraines brought on in pregnancy start with a pain in your neck. If you have a stiff neck fever headache, call your Doctor.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i had a few bad migraines like youre describing. I got a snoogle (a huge pregnancy body pillow that has a loop for your head) and I haven't had one since. 
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• try going to a chiropractor, that might help

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• I had chronic migraines and was getting 3+ a day with this pregnancy. My solution probably won't help you but I found out I was gluten intolerant and my migraines, irritable bowel syndrome, stomach cramps, and many more symptoms are now completely gone with my change of diet. But my neck was locking up with stiff muscles. It was caused by the migraines because I would tense up when in pain. Even in my sleep I was getting them so I ended up worse off in the morning to the point where I couldn't turn my head. Maybe your doctor can help with some natural relaxants and a good chiropractor. Tylenol never worked for me but you can try that for the pain. I hope you find relief I know how much it can suck.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"