March 2013 Moms
Options

XP: tight pants!

ugh, looks like I might have to go clothes shopping sooner rather than later. This week I've noticed my pants are a little tighter. My problem is I'm overweight, and very much doubt maternity stores have plus size. (I also live in Maine, and there is one maternity store). So looks like stretchy pants for me. I'm also a therapist so I need professional clothes. Hopefully I can find some!

any one else needing new clothes yet?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

Re: XP: tight pants!

• Options
    So I was sick for most of this year (picked up a parasite on my honeymoon in November...awesome) so I have two sets of clothes lol--I busted out of my "skinny" clothes weeks ago but have been able to wear my normal clothes for the last few weeks.  I think that is changing though.  And in general pants are just not comfortably anymore--I have been living in dresses and skirts.  Much more comfortable and much more forgiving!  Maybe you can look at shopping online since the selection around you is so poor?  :)
    TTC #1 since November 2011
    ** BFP #1 - M/C at 6 weeks 4/13/2012 **
    ** BFP #2 - expecting a little leprechaun!! EDD 3/21/13 | HB 7/30/2012 (6w3d) **
    NT Scan 9/4 - looked great! | Grow, baby, grow!!! | A/S 10/29

***All AL always welcome***
  • Options
    Oof, I've already put away all my regular pants, except my "fat" jeans.  I can't wear my work pants anymore, they're just too uncomfortable.  I have a definite bump, although it's hard to tell beneath my already-existing layer of belly fat.
    Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so ready for maternity pants. I squeezed in to my skinny jeans today with a bella band and I'm counting down the minutes tell I can get home and peel them off. I wish I could live in yoga pants.
  • Options
    Haven't been able to wear most of my shorts for weeks. I bought one pair with elastic that is nice and am wearing the ones that used to be too big. I lost weight last year and fortunately never threw out all my shorts. I am wearing skirts to work most of the time. I am ready to get maternity clothes which will be more comfy!
    May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• Options
    I think motherhood.com has plus sized mama clothes.
  • Options

There is definitely plus size maternity options (not in-store but online which is annoying but there seems to at least be a decent selection online). I know Kohls.com has a plus size maternity section, Old Navy (goes up to size 18), Motherhood Maternity (as pp said) and ebay surprisingly is a good place to also look b/c you can often buy "lots" of clothing all in one size which is a nice way to start off a maternity wardrobe. 

As far as sizing I can tell you that I am 5'8.5" & I usually wear a size 16 or 18 in pants (sometimes Tall or Long depending on brand) and I wear a Lg or XLg in shirts and in maternity stuff I consistently fit into size L at Motherhood, Old Navy, Kohls, etc. The L is tight when I first put it on but maternity stuff has SO much elastic in it (not just the waistband) that after wearing the stuff for an hour or two it stretches out and is comfortable...actually my L gets a little saggy after wearing the same pair of jeans for a day or two. Most of the websites will give a sizing guideline but I thought it might help for you to have an actual person to go based on.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

glad I'm not alone! Just checked out motherhood, and looks like a great selection that with fit. Yay!

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options

My shorts all felt tight right away, but I swear that was just bloat and the fact that any pressure felt uncomfortable as things started to get sensitive.  I was lucky that I was losing weight when I got pregnant, so all my "fat" clothes have a little room in them still.  I also haven't gained anything, in fact I've lot a little to feeling crappy.  But I'm starting to notice that I may have lost a couple pounds, but I feel really full in the belly.  I'm dreading having to buy MORE pants.  I hate clothes shopping!  I'm a teacher, and I have to dress nice, but I will wait until I'm uncomforatble before I start shopping.  Meanwhile at home, it's sweatpants all the time!  I'm hoping that as I grow, I'll be able to pull out some older clothes that had a little extra room, at least for a while.

• Options
    I am also plus size.  My last pregnancy I found JCPenney had plus size maternity clothes online.  (I bought a number of items from there but never got to use them last time.  I'm hoping to get there this pregnancy.)  I *think* they still have plus size maternity, though since they moved to their best price thing I had a much harder time finding the plus sizes.  They seem to not have a way of separating the plus and regular maternity sizes when you look at things online.
    BFP #1 9/21/11. EDD 6/4/12.  Twins discovered at 8 weeks. Twin B lost at 14 weeks due to megacystis.  Alice Joe born and lost 1/5/12 at 18.5 weeks due to pre-term labor.

BFP #2 7/11/12.  EDD 3/23/13.  Ada Alice born 3/20/13.

• Options
    I'm still using the hair band on jeans button trick, I don't know its name actually... But I felt like my butt got bigger instantly! 
  • Options
    Ive been wearing a lot of dresses and maxi skirts. I'm not digging anything tight around my waIst. I've purchased 2 pairs of maternity pants and when school starts I will probably be wearing them. I want to get some maternity leggings too. Don't hose sound comfy?!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am plus sized too and think it's about time to go shopping online soon! Nothing is comfy anymore even though I have not gained weight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelizspreg:
    I am plus sized too and think it's about time to go shopping online soon! Nothing is comfy anymore even though I have not gained weight.

same here.

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    I'm with you on this. I wore my skinny jeans w a Bella band last week to a baby shower. Seemed to fit OK standing up but not so comfy sitting down lol. I bought maternity capris and full length pants a few days later.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers
     TTC since 07/2010 BFP #1 11/10/11 Natural MC at 6w4d BFP #2 01/23/12 MC at 12w. 2x Cytotek 1x Methergen; Genetic testing found Factor V Leiden and MTHFR. Started extra Folic Acid and Baby Aspirin then Lovenox BFP #3 07/02/12 EDD 3/13/13 . Rainbow Baby born at 37 weeks, all natural, after 10 weeks of bedrest. BFP #4 ST. PATTY'S DAY 2014. EDD 11/25/14 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"