Success after IF
Options

Birthday party favors and the lack of RSVPs

People are SO bad about RSVP'ing to parties!  We have a party planned for DS1 on Sunday.  I sent invites out about a month ago. I did paper invites. Some of my friends have told me in person they are coming, but of his school friends, only 2 have called.  So I don't know about 7 other children.

This happens all the time it seems. I have no clue how many people are coming and then over-buy for party favors because I don't want children to feel left out just because their parents are rude as hell. Then I end up with a lot of left over stuff.

This year DS and I made a dragon pinata so I figure the contents of that will be the favors and whatever is in there will be split between whomever shows up. But I am also making shields out of cardboard for the children to decorate. (it is a dragon and knight b-day theme.)  I really don't want to cut out a bunch of shields and paint them and then not need them. 

So should I only make enough for the children whose parents RSVP'd?  The idea scares me to death, that someone will show up and be left out. I don't want to be bitchy, but I don't want to make extra work for myself.

What do you do when people don't rsvp?

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Birthday party favors and the lack of RSVPs

• Options
    One of biggest pet peeves. Argh. I would say make 2 or 3 extra just in case.

Can you ask the parents at school? Maybe send an email reminder? I would think with it being labor day, you will probably have less of the nonRSVP crowd than normal.........maybe.
    Diagnosis - MIF - FUIF!
    #1 12R, 7M, 5F - 2- 3dt BFN - 1 totsicle became our DD.
    TTC#2 since 1/12
    IVF #2 - 10R, 6M, 5F - 1 5dt of a morula= BFN none to freeze.
    IVF #3 (blegh) Long Lupron Protocol
    ER 8/23 12R, 7M, 2F - 2 beautiful 3d 8/26
    +HPT 9/3 beta #1 9/10= 78.5 #2 9/12 = 136 #3 9/14 319 #4 9/17 890 #5 9/21 2119
    Little B is where he needs to be. HB 9/24. no HB 10/3. Missed m/c @ 8w. D&C 10/5 :(
    IVF #4 - Antagonist Protocol
    ER - 17R, 14M, 9F - 1 beautiful blast 12/13 (Our anniversary), 3 more FROZEN!! WOO HOO!
    +HPT 12/17 beta #1 12/27 = 1654 (um hells to the yeah), beta #2 12/31 = 6994, 1st u/s= 1/8 (fingers firmly crossed) = HB 125. You rock little one.
    Please, Please Stick. Mommy, Daddy and Big Sis love you so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Our Totsicle is getting so big!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageSweetyPy17:
    Can you ask the parents at school? Maybe send an email reminder?
    This is what I would do. People are so rude!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageDragonfly1226:
    imageSweetyPy17:

Ditto this on the email reminder and the rudeness factor! 

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Options
    imagekbeach82:

imageDragonfly1226:
    imageSweetyPy17:

Ditto this on the email reminder and the rudeness factor! 

Same here. When did people stop RSVPing?!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options

This is a major pet peeve of mine as well.  I've stopped asking for RSVPs and instead have been adding "Regrets Only" to my invitations and then I include both a phone number and email.  I figure part of the reason people don't RSVP is they think oh, she knows I'm coming so this way they only have to tell me if they can't make it.

Honestly though, I'm always still nervous thinking people won't show up even though no-one called to say they weren't coming.

I would make the extra favors because well, although the parents are rude to not RSVP, their kids shouldn't be made to feel leftout because of it.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    Have the kids decorate their own shields, that way you'll only have to cut out a few extra and not have to paint everything.  They'll love it!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"