Multiples
Options

Your favorite belly lotion/oil..

Now I know nothing will prevent stretch marks and I already have some from my pregnancy with DS.

I'm just about out of my Palmer's which is what I normally use and used with DS. I'm just curious what your favorite lotion/oil for a growing belly. Mine seems to be extra itchy lately!! TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Your favorite belly lotion/oil..

• Options

It depends on the time of day and my mood (i.e., how 'greasy' I'm willing to feel since I've always hated using lotion)...

If you have m/s, then the bar below may not work for you due to smell but talk about moisture!  My skin feels great for days after using this, and using it everyday only makes it even better.

https://www.lushusa.com/Therapy/00024,en_US,pd.html?start=7&cgid=massage-bars

I love this product that I decided to splurge on since it really does give you moisture without the grease, esp. in the morning before work - I HATE putting on something greasy and then having to put full panel maternity pants on over it...

https://www.lushusa.com/Ro%27s-Argan-Body-Conditioner/9999903590,en_US,pd.html?start=5&q=rose%27s

I picked this up at Whole Foods and its good, but again greasy - I know that means moisture though... you can get it off Amazon as well, but I'm linking the company's website.

https://www.wiseways.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WH&Product_Code=BBB8

Other than that, I might use any thick lotion I have whether it be Cocoa Butter lotion, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, or any lotion I have around. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I developed a rash from Palmer's Cocoa Butter, so I switched to Coconut Oil.  Smells like a tropical vacation, but I really like it.  I figured I'd be using it for cloth diapering anyway so I tried it on myself.
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

imageimage
    PAIF and SAIF welcome. IVF questions welcome, too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

One of the ladies I work with makes this awesome Brown Sugar Scrub all out of kitchen products.  I used it all during my pregnancy with my DS and no stretch marks.  So far so good with this pregnancy too.  She says if I don't get any she will have to market it.  

Robin 

Toodaloos Robin
  • Options

I use the Udderly Smooth lotion. I got a giant tub and thought. "there's no way I'm going to use all this and I'm 26 weeks and halfway through!

Pros--no smell, which is great for me. No dyes, perfumes, etc. Very moisturizing but never greasy feeling. Once its on I brust my teeth (two minutes) and then I can get dressed without that icky feeling. On extra itchy days I use it two or three times a day. 

Cons--you really have to get over the name. As big as I am (and my boobs are) its hard not to feel like a cow most days. The black and white cow spots on the jar of lotion don't help. lol. 

4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Eucerin anti itch for the itches. Burt's Bees Mama Bee belly oil in the shower. Burt's Bees Baby Bee buttermilk lotion the rest of the time bc my OB's hubby is a dermatologist and said there's some data on lactic acid preventing/treating stretch marks.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second PP suggestion of Burt's Bees Mama Bee Oil!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I used vitamin e cream on my belly have 0 stretch marks there. I have a few stretch marks on my breasts I started using it on my breasts after those showed up didn't get anymore there. I never thought about using it on my rear but should have! I have several on my rear that showed up in the last couple of months of my pregnancy. Not sure if it was the cream or genetics that saved my belly but it's worth a try either way!
  • Options

imageJeep Doll:
    I developed a rash from Palmer's Cocoa Butter, so I switched to Coconut Oil.  Smells like a tropical vacation, but I really like it.  I figured I'd be using it for cloth diapering anyway so I tried it on myself.

Be careful with coconut oil, although it may feel like it's moisturizing, it actually has drying properties. https://www.colebrothers.com/soap/oils.html. I make my own soaps and lotions, and although coconut oil helps create a great lather, it does cause dryness. Instead of coconut oil, you can't go wrong with rubbing good old fashioned olive oil on your baby bump! No need for extra virgin.

I make my own belly cream using cocoa butter, a little shea butter and olive oil. I melt the oils together, add water, stearic acid to make it creamy, and emulsifying wax to bond the oils with the water. Here's where I order my supplies. https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Soap-Making-Supplies.aspx. Message me if you're interested in a recipe! Okay okay, I'm fully aware that the soap making and lotion making hobby will go out the window once the babies are born! HAHA!

• Options

I used Bio Oil. No stretch marks, but my Mom also didn't get stretch marks, so I think it's genetic. (I never had any prior to pregnancy either)

Anyway, I used it twice a day after I showered (I love showers!) and like the smell and feel of it. It's expensive though, and I would have never bought it on my own buy my Mom gave it to me.

I also used Burt's Bees Mama Bee lotion before bed. 

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"