2nd Trimester
Options

NBR: when doing business somewhere

I have a question for you, when doing business somewhere like the bank or some other customer service place, do you like it when the worker uses your name if they know it? Like the cashier at the store, etc?
Do you notice or care either way if they use your name to make your expierence more personal?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
'Til He returns, or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I stand.

Re: NBR: when doing business somewhere

• Options
    It's one thing if they really know my name but if it's printed at the bottom of a receipt I don't care so much. I have a friend that by some mix up his safeway card(linked to his phone number and everything) prints out a name that looks very ethnic and he is so caucasian...like can't even tan, caucasion. The cashier just calls him Mr. "whatever the name is(I forget)" and he laughs every time. I think the amusement of it all is what makes him not change it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I prefer to not be referred to by name but recently a new privacy policy has been burned into my mind - I would've never thought about it as a security problem until a few weeks ago.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If I'm a regular, and they know me, Yes, I like when they use my name. I like if they take the time to look at my credit card and use my name as well.  I just find that to be more personable and good service. Shows they care.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Although they are trying to be personal and friendly, it always makes me feel uncomfortable when someone I don't know uses my name.  I don't know what it is, guess it's just the way I am.
  • Options

imageRanda&Jerm:
    I have a question for you, when doing business somewhere like the bank or some other customer service place, do you like it when the worker uses your name if they know it? Like the cashier at the store, etc? Do you notice or care either way if they use your name to make your expierence more personal?

Only if they know me and I'm regularly there

Otherwise I feel like they just use it as some kind of selling technique. I only use a customer's name if I've helped them before

• Options

If they read it off my card - meh...nice touch - could seem salesy if not done correctly.

If they remember it from last time - yeah I'm impressed.

11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • Options
    imageBLuvsE:

If they read it off my card - meh...nice touch - could seem salesy if not done correctly.

If they remember it from last time - yeah I'm impressed.

Thats the same way I feel.  I work in the customer service industry and will be training a new employee starting next week and I was previewing a video that emphasizes the usage of customers names.  I have always found it corny as a customer for someone to read it off of my card just for the sake of saying my name, but if they can remember it from a past experience, then I am typically impressed.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • Options
    imageIdani:

Yep.  Makes things more personal and friendly. 

I worked in sales prior to taking my current job and as a marketing director learning names and personal data was a number one priority. It's proven to be a great marketing tool. People respond to things like that.

This is true IF you actually have a relationship with the person.  If its just a clerk in a store and they don't actually know you, I find it really annoying and less effective, because I know why they are doing it.  (I work in risk with marketing people, and I just have to laugh every time I notice these sorts of things, because I know it's just a "marketing technique".  But I realize most people can't/don't see the meta-game.)

TTC #1 Since 8/2010
    Me: 34, DH: 35 DX: DOR (FSH 14.9, AMH 0.67, AFC ~10) and Egg Quality

IVF #1 Feb 2012. MDFL protocol w/ Met. 7 ER, 0F.
    May Donor Egg IVF cycle:3 EF, 1 blast ET 5/12, 2 frosties
    BFP 5/21! beta #1 5/22 306 beta #2 5/24 818 beta #3 5/31 15,038.

image"">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." --Dennis Wholey

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"