Infertility Veterans

Thoughts on IFV/PAIF check in here

Hi Ladies! I've seen some mention here recently from those of you who have noticed the change over on PAIF. I took over the IFV check in we had over there awhile back when worms went on bedrest, and have noticed less participation in the last couple weeks (and less participation in general from our vets over on PAIF.) 

My thought...what if I did the check in here, and XP over there that it's here. Two reasons, one I know some of you lurk over there for updates, so the updates would be here for anyone who wants to see them, and two, I know some of the vets are still posting more over here than there; I think it's still a safer zone over here. Big Smile

I can change our QOTW's some so they are less pg related and more information to just share how everyone's doing. BUT at the same time, if this is something you don't want to see on this board, then I absolutely WON"T do it here.  I don't want to put pg related stuff here if it will upset anyone here. Just wanted to see what people thought...

2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
<a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view

Re: Thoughts on IFV/PAIF check in here

• mm29mm29 member

I think the check in should be over here, I love to hear about our successful vets.  IMO, I do not think the QOTW's need to change. 

::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • We could also drop the QOTW and make it like the 3T Grad Check in
    TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• Loading the player...
  • Part of me feels like there are some people on PAIF who consider themselves IFV and are not.  I think seeing that weekly would rub me the wrong way.  But I guess I can deal with that.

If everyone else is ok with it, I am too!

I am AMA and all tests on H came back normal
    3 failed IVF with OE and 2 failed frozen DE cycles
    Last fresh hail mary DE cycle starting Feb 2013
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome
  • imagereb259:

Part of me feels like there are some people on PAIF who consider themselves IFV and are not.  I think seeing that weekly would rub me the wrong way.  But I guess I can deal with that.

And that's my concern...if it's going to offend anyone, I don't want to move it over here! I definitely don't want to upset anyone on either board, was just brainstorming!

7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
  • imagereb259:

Part of me feels like there are some people on PAIF who consider themselves IFV and are not.  I think seeing that weekly would rub me the wrong way.  But I guess I can deal with that.

Totally this. I feel like there should be an application process to get a code to be able to post in IFVs!!  LOL

Jilly- have you noticed any people posting that should not be?

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• imagejillychris:
    imagereb259:

And that's my concern...if it's going to offend anyone, I don't want to move it over here! I definitely don't want to upset anyone on either board, was just brainstorming!

I may be the minority in this type of thinking and if I am, I am ok with the check in being on this board.  Just adding my 2 cents.

PAIF/SAIF always welcome
  • imageMrs.McIrish:
    imagereb259:

Totally this. I feel like there should be an application process to get a code to be able to post in IFVs!!  LOL

Jilly- have you noticed any people posting that should not be?

I could post it JUST here and not XP on PAIF...I feel like most of the IFV'ers who were regulars over here still check over here, so maybe that would eliminate others, since they probably wouldn't be comfortable posting on this board. The last couple weeks we've only had a few responses, but I've noticed posts from IFV'ers that I don't see otherwise on PAIF, so I thought that might pull some more out of the wordworks who have been hanging back from the board.

8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
  • mm29mm29 member
    imagereb259:
    imagejillychris:
    imagereb259:

I may be the minority in this type of thinking and if I am, I am ok with the check in being on this board.  Just adding my 2 cents.

I don't think you are the minority.  The thought crossed my mind as well, but I like to keep tabs on our vets.  Maybe just link the check-in to PAIF?
    ::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • I come here...i really don't ever start posts on PAIF, and am usually pretty inactive over there.  Id be happy to post here, whatever the active vets feel comfortable with.

My guess is, if u put it here...the "fake" vets would not even check here.  I do think it SHOULD be over on PAIF too, bc we deserve a presence over there.  FOR SURE we deserve it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagereb259:

There are people there that consider themselves IF and are not either.  So annoying.  I haven't finished reading everyone's comments but I can definitely see both sides of this.  Although, I don't feel at home at PAIF and only answer IFV member posts, I think that seeing this check in might have sent me over the edge before I was KU.  I can totally understand if you all don't want it here.

• imagevanessagorc:

I come here...i really don't ever start posts on PAIF, and am usually pretty inactive over there.  Id be happy to post here, whatever the active vets feel comfortable with.

My guess is, if u put it here...the "fake" vets would not even check here.  I do think it SHOULD be over on PAIF too, bc we deserve a presence over there.  FOR SURE we deserve it!

I agree :)

Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
    DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
    IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
    1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
    FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
    FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
    7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
    EDD 2/22/2013
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
    imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't mind except to say that PAIF bugs me and therefore I infrequently lurk. IFV deserve their own status and I feel you are being lost amongst varying degrees of IF or presumed IF.

Given that, I have no chance of ever being KU so if some find it hard to see the pg postings I too understand this.

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• I like the idea of posting it both here and on PAIF. I agree with V that IFVers DESERVE to be over on PAIF, more so than most of the people there now. But, I'm also happy to see updates from our grads over here, even if on some days I just couldn't bring myself to read them.
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • For the same reason I, generally, stay away from IF...I don't lurk on PAIF.  It is "disheartening".

I would not have any problem seeing the PAIF vets post a check in here.  There is nothing "disheartening" about seeing a vet have success!

However, I do think it is important that this board stay "protected".  Could you post your check-in with a disclaimer of some kind to be sure true vets are checking in?

Hope all the PAIF vets are doing well - hugs to you and your babes!

Countless BFN(s)
    Moving to IVF

IVF1 (ICSI): Long Lupron
    6R. 3F. 3DT. 8Cell 1Grade 2Embies. 1Frostie.
    Beta 1/22: 14 Beta 1/24: 24 Beta 1/26: 28
    Round One Result: Chemical Pregnancy

Pressing Forward

IVF2 (ICSI/AH/ACU): Microdose Lupron Flare
    13R. 11F. 5DT. 2TFR'ed. 1Frostie.
    Round Two Result 4/30: Harsh BFN

FET. 2TFR'ed.
    Round Three Result 6/25: BFN
    Where do we go from here?

Moving forward with CCRM in 2013
    ODWU revealed blocked tube(s). Lap 2/15.
    Bilateral Tubal Ligation. Stage IV Endo.
    Finally some (tough) answers.

IVF3 (ICSI/CCS): Antagonist with EPP
    13R. We have 3 CCS Normal Embryos!

Lupron Depot: May 2013 to August 2013
    Long awaited FET on 9/3. 2TFR'ed.
    BFP on FRER 5dp5dt: IN SHOCK!
    Beta1 9/10: 152.7! Beta2 9/12: 378! Beta3 9/14: 1224! 

1st ultrasound 10/1: TWO beautiful heartbeats!  Overjoyed!

• imagevanessagorc:

I come here...i really don't ever start posts on PAIF, and am usually pretty inactive over there.  Id be happy to post here, whatever the active vets feel comfortable with.

Thanks for being active for me!! I've definitely appreciated your guidance for me in the last couple weeks!! Big Smile

8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
  • imagerockpaperlove:

For the same reason I, generally, stay away from IF...I don't lurk on PAIF.  It is "disheartening".

I would not have any problem seeing the PAIF vets post a check in here.  There is nothing "disheartening" about seeing a vet have success!

However, I do think it is important that this board stay "protected".  Could you post your check-in with a disclaimer of some kind to be sure true vets are checking in?

Hope all the PAIF vets are doing well - hugs to you and your babes!

It currently has this disclaimer in it, so not sure what else I could put:

This is a check-in for ladies who have been around the IF block for a while and were active posters on Infertility Veterans.

8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
  • I would be happy for it to be posted in both places, or at least xp'ed. I am curious, though - with the current disclaimer, do people who weren't active on IFV actually respond to the IFV check-in? If so, that is downright strange to me - I mean, either you were a poster on this board or you weren't, it's pretty self-explanatory.
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Well Some people introEd here and got a BFP like the next day...so never formed any bonds here. I think that's what is being referred to...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I voted for your check-in here and a xp on paif. The clear disclaimer would hopefully continue to keep it true to ifv's and the xp would make it extra crystal clear. I hope whatever you decide will bring all of the graduated ifv's out of the woodwork back to your paif ifv check-in. :)

Countless BFN(s)
    Moving to IVF

IVF1 (ICSI): Long Lupron
    6R. 3F. 3DT. 8Cell 1Grade 2Embies. 1Frostie.
    Beta 1/22: 14 Beta 1/24: 24 Beta 1/26: 28
    Round One Result: Chemical Pregnancy

Pressing Forward

IVF2 (ICSI/AH/ACU): Microdose Lupron Flare
    13R. 11F. 5DT. 2TFR'ed. 1Frostie.
    Round Two Result 4/30: Harsh BFN

FET. 2TFR'ed.
    Round Three Result 6/25: BFN
    Where do we go from here?

Moving forward with CCRM in 2013
    ODWU revealed blocked tube(s). Lap 2/15.
    Bilateral Tubal Ligation. Stage IV Endo.
    Finally some (tough) answers.

IVF3 (ICSI/CCS): Antagonist with EPP
    13R. We have 3 CCS Normal Embryos!

Lupron Depot: May 2013 to August 2013
    Long awaited FET on 9/3. 2TFR'ed.
    BFP on FRER 5dp5dt: IN SHOCK!
    Beta1 9/10: 152.7! Beta2 9/12: 378! Beta3 9/14: 1224! 

1st ultrasound 10/1: TWO beautiful heartbeats!  Overjoyed!

• imagevanessagorc:
    Well Some people introEd here and got a BFP like the next day...so never formed any bonds here. I think that's what is being referred to...

This!!  Yes

PAIF/SAIF always welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"