May 2012 Moms

Hot Topic: LO and TV. (Clicky)

Ok, so, someone mentioned in another post how this is probably a good Hot Topic.  Let's see what we all do with our LOs (and for those afraid of others judging them, it'll be anonymous as to what you vote for).  If you would like to give a comment, please do!

I said it in the other post, but I don't feel guilty about Adalyn watching TV occasionally.  She only likes the 3-D character shows, and she will usually only watch about 1 episode and doesn't really watch the entire thing.  And, like I said, I LOVE Disney and want to start the indoctrination early!! And, I secretly sing along to Mickey's Hot Dog song.   Smile

[Poll]
TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Hot Topic: LO and TV. (Clicky)

• She is fascinated and stares at it any time she sees it on, to the point where she'll refuse to eat or do anything else and gets mad when you turn her away, so I don't have it on when she's around anymore. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I voted SS because I haven't had LO in front of the tv watching anything baby related for him yet.  I have it on when I am nursing and what not though.  My DD enjoyed Baby Einstein dvd's so I may introduce them to DS when he can sit on his own.  I really liked the baby sign language dvd and so did my DD.  I would love to use it again or this LO.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • We don't have cable, so it's never on at home. If we are at my parent's or something and it's on, he does love to watch it! My oldest was not even interested in tv until he was well over 2.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I try to have him not face the tv, but I watch the news in the mornings when I am home and DD watches 1 episode of MMC a day, so he probably watches some.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just do news channels or Disney, but it's mostly if I'm in the shower or DH and I are having sex. I'd rather have the baby watching TV than me getting it on.

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• LO doesn't really watch any TV. However, my 3 year old does. I normally have baby facing me or in her bouncy positioned away from the TV. This won't work forever, I'm sure a little wouldn't harm her, but I am a bit weird about small babies and TV. I just think their little brains are developing so many fundamentals that I don't want to interfere with the flashing lights, haha. :)

Like I said, though, this will not work forever and when she is a little more mobile, I'll ease up too. I love me some Curious George and the entertainment it gifts DD1!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"