Nurseries and Baby Gear

Chicco keyfit 30 magic

I have a 2006 jeep grand Cherokee and hubby has a 2009 ford f150 super cab (not the full four doors). We tried to install the car seat using latch behind the passenger seat in each vehicle and you have to put the seat forward as much as it can go. I am only 5'6 and I cannot ride in the front seat. Anyone else have this issue? I'm thinking we will have to install in the center but I don't know if we could use the latch then. 

Re: Chicco keyfit 30 magic

• We have a keyfit 30 and a 2013 KIA Sorento. The car seat is behind the pass seat using the latch and my seat is pretty far forward and can't really recline. To be honest, it really sucks riding there when I have to. I think it's just the way they're made.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Check your car and carseat manuals about installing in the middle with LATCH.  You can install in the middle with just the seatbelt as well.  If installed correctly, it is just as safe as using LATCH. 

• Loading the player...
  • Install it in the middle seat with the seat belt.  LATCH is no safer than using a seat belt.  I can actually get a better install with a seat belt than with LATCH in my car.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • The LATCH anchors needs to be 11 inches apart to use the Chicco Keyfit 30 with them. In my 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the interior LATCH anchors are a lot further apart than 11 inches so I will have to put the car seat either behind the passenger or driver. The middle position is not safe.

=BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • imagecarrotsoup70:

The LATCH anchors needs to be 11 inches apart to use the Chicco Keyfit 30 with them. In my 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the interior LATCH anchors are a lot further apart than 11 inches so I will have to put the car seat either behind the passenger or driver. The middle position is not safe.

You can install in the middle position using the seat belt, rather than the latches (which is what we did in my 2011 Nissan Sentra - which has latches on the side seats, but not in the middle).  As pp said, using the seatbelt is equally safe as the latches.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"