Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

XP: Day 1 of 3 day potty method

My DD is 21 months, i have time off work so i'm trying the 3 day method.  Today didn't go that great, she peed on the floor/couch 13 times, didn't ask me to go, a few times she asked while she started and finished on the potty.  I got the feeling she didn't care whether she did it on the floor or not either.

How do i know if she is just not ready?  She is not waking up dry yet but she does tell me when she needs to or starts pooping. She is able to talk to tell me she needs to go.

imageNicole Hanna 11-23-2010
Birthday

Re: XP: Day 1 of 3 day potty method

• Options
    This sounds about right for day 1. I did this method with dd when she was 25 mos and that 1st day we went thru about 20 pairs of panties. Day 2 she only changed her panties 3 times! Day 3 she was golden, no accidents. We didn't have an accident since that day (even at night!) until just recently she decided the past week it's ok to pee the bed. I think we are having some regression issues due to our newborn tho. GL with tomorrow, I bet your dd is ready as this sounds just like what we went thru!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we plan on trying this in a few weeks...please keep us updated with how things went! =-)

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Personally I think it sounds like your DD is too young and not ready.  I would rather just deal with diapers than have 13 accidents in one day, just my opinion.  My DD is 2yrs and I am not pushing PTing until she seems more ready.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We did the 3 day method when my daughter was 22 months. She never woke up dry before we did it, and she had maybe peed on her potty once. Our first day was a lot like your first day. I think we went through about 20 panties. Day 2 she did a little better, and on day 3 she started to seem to get it. On day 4 she only had one accident and it was while we were driving to daycare. She even told me she needed to go, I just couldn't get her to a potty in time.

Don't give up and try to stay positive (I had a hard time with this!). 

As far as the whole being ready thing, I think a lot of people have different feelings/perspectives on it. I think that as long as your child can communicate to you when they need to go, they're ready. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"