C-sections
Options

Adenomyosis or Endrometriosis after C-Section?

Hi ladies,

I had a c-section in February and have had a good recovery. Periods were normal through June. I went 7 1/2 weeks between periods after my June period, accompanied by a bruised feeling in my lower abdomen and some burning at the incision site. It felt like there was a knot where I felt bruised. When my period finally started the bruised feeling went away and I just assumed DD had kicked or stepped on my stomach right there and it really was just a bruise and an abnormal period. The pain is not terrible, just noticable.

So about 2 weeks after that period I start feeling the bruised feeling again. The knot is not as noticable this time. I know it's' not where DD kicked me because I have been very careful with her around my belly since last month, plus it's in the same place. Went to my Dr. and she wants me to go back when my period starts, but she feels like it could be endometrial tissue (which I read online is not unusual following a c-section).

I'm a little anxious about going back and getting some answers. DH and I had planned to start TTC again this winter, so I really want to know if this will change our situation. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not convinced that's what it is, and hopefully it's nothing. Thanks in advance.

Re: Adenomyosis or Endrometriosis after C-Section?

• Options
    KRTKRT member

I have not had your exact situation but I have both.  I ended up have a lap procedure in October of 2006 due to suspected Endo...I ended up with Stage III/IV - tube blocked, adhesions of my colon to my uterus, adenomyosis, etc.  We tried conceiving on our own for about 6 months and then went the Clomid route with HCG shots.  (I also have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and although we didn't know it until after DD was born, PCOS).  I got pregnant with DD the first round of Clomid. I ended up with a c-section due to lack of progression (stalled at 8 1/2 cm) and fetal distress (cord was around her neck).  They had a hard time with my c-section as I had even more endo than they found initially.  When they opened me up they found my bladder fused to my uterus and I felt a lot of pain during the c-section due to adhesions.  They cleaned it all up while in there.

We waited until DD was almost 2 to start trying again and ultimately ended up doing Clomid again.  Again, I got pregnant first round of Clomid.  My RCS was actually very easy and I did not have a recurrence of endo thank goodness. 

Hang in there - let the dr check it out.  I realize that everyone's situation is unique but given all of my issues we were still very fortunate to end up with 2 babies!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had that feeling, but it was a cyst.  I hope it ends up being nothing !
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When I was diagnosed I was only stage I. I was able to get pregnant after 10 months with my son and my endo went into remission during pregnancy, which is normal. We never visited an OB because we wanted to wait the normal year and obviously didn't come to that point.  This time around we probably will not wait that long since it has gotten much worse. Even if it did turn out to be early stages of endometriosis it should not change your plans of TTC.

Also, the only way to accurately diagnose endometriosis is surgery though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You've definitely helped me feel better, a little more informed at least. Thanks so much for your replies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"