December 2010 Moms

Grr...best laid plans...

I was going to make a crib skirt tonight, but then I realized that my 2 yards of fabric with robots on it is facing the wrong way!  If I made the front panel of the crib skirt, the robots would be on their side!  I should have thought of that before I ordered the fabric, because I am pretty sure I can't return it.

I'm wondering if I should just give up and order a crib skirt off of etsy.  They are selling them for 60 dollars, and I can just get a geometric pattern.  Serves me right for thinking I can be crafty!

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg

Re: Grr...best laid plans...

• Did you end up getting it from fabric.com? If you did I am pretty sure you can return it within 30 days.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • I did, but it's been about 2 months :(  My mom made the curtains first, so it's been awhile since I got the fabric.  I can probably use it for something else or maybe sell it on ebay.

• Loading the player...
  • Maybe make a pillow case for a toddler pillow and he can use it when he gets older. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • I would def use if for something else... Pillows, wall art, lamp shade, basket liner (like for toys) burp cloths, small stuffed animal, etc.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You could always just make a few panels around it with the fabric the right orientation. Its still like 44" wide right?

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• imagedee12807:
    I would def use if for something else... Pillows, wall art, lamp shade, basket liner (like for toys) burp cloths, small stuffed animal, etc.

This is a great idea! GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageOhSewCrafty:

You could always just make a few panels around it with the fabric the right orientation. Its still like 44" wide right?

I don't know much about sewing but think I'm a decently crafty person (though no OSC, lol!) but this was my thought too.  Couldn't you maybe do a bunch of smaller panels, piece them together in the correct direction and maybe cover the seams with some solid color ribbons running vertically? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageOhSewCrafty:

You could always just make a few panels around it with the fabric the right orientation. Its still like 44" wide right?

I don't know much about sewing but think I'm a decently crafty person (though no OSC, lol!) but this was my thought too.  Couldn't you maybe do a bunch of smaller panels, piece them together in the correct direction and maybe cover the seams with some solid color ribbons running vertically? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelrn327:
    imageOhSewCrafty:

Yeah, kind of patchwork like?

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • I think the patchwork idea with ribbons would have been great if I was planning on sewing the skirt...but I was going to use hem tape to finish the edges and velcro it to the crib because that is the extent of my sewing knowledge.I'm not sure how to piece together fabric with hem tape Embarrassed

I totally caved and ordered one from amazon. My dad gave me a nice gift card to there, so I don't feel too bad about the money spent ($30) I am hoping to do another project with this fabric though.  The pillowcase is a cute idea, and I also have an orange hamper I bought that I would love to make a liner for.  Both of those ideas involve some sewing so I will have to learn a few things first!  I can ask my SIL for help though: she is a seamstress.  (Although you would have thought she would have volunteered to help with the curtains or skirt, but she didn't!)

Thanks for all the suggestions! :)

• imagelrn327:
    imageOhSewCrafty:

This

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"