Secondary IF

Need some positive support!

Hi, I'm new here and just need to talk/vent.  My hubs and I have been TTC our second since July of last year (14 months).  We got pregnant with our 2.5 yo after just 1 month so I just knew something was wrong early on.  We tried charting and 2 cycles of clomid, then had a appt with a RE and found out my ovaries are aging a bit faster than normal which is probably the reason we are having trouble.  My doc thinks that my ovarian age is closer to 35-37 while I am only 31.  Our next step is either IUI or IVF, but my hubs and i decided to try on our own for 3 more cycles before doing that.  The doc gave us only a 5-10% chance of conceiving on our own.  I am pulling out all the stops over the next couple of months, making an appt with an acupuncturist, getting massages, etc etc.  I really really thought i actually was pregnant this month - i had on and off spotting from sunday-yesterday, which never ever happens - except when i was preggo with my son 3 years ago and i had implantation bleeding.  but, today before i even got out of bed i knew i wasn't, i just felt the beginnings of cramps and sure enough my period had started.  I was so sure that it had finally happened :(  anyway i don't really have anyone to talk to about this besides my husband, i don't have any friends who have gone through serious infertility and honestly i don't really want to talk about it with anyone i know.  It is very not like me to join on online message board in the first place but i just need a community right now.  I feel like such a failure!  Arg!  so any advice, positive vibes, success stories, anything would be appreciated!         
Baby #1 born March 2010 TTC baby #2 since July 2011 DX: low AMH, prematurely aging ovaries

Re: Need some positive support!

• Positive vibes! Hugs!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• I'm sorry for your struggles. We are struggling for number two also. Our first also was conceived first cycle without birth control. I don't have advice just know you are not alone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for what you are going throug and I so don't blame you for not wanting to talk to anyone IRL about it. Its hard and anyone that hasn't been through it really has no idea how consuming it is. One thing I will say is, screw doctors percentages!!! I was ALWAYS told that I had less than 3% chance of ever conceiving on my own and if I did a less than 5% chance of carrying a baby to term.... well if you see my siggy you see we proved that theory WRONG! So as hard as it is after 14 months and desparately wanting to conceive, try not to stress about it all the time. Enjoy your DH and make sure to not focus your whole world around the fact that you aren't pregnant yet because that will eat you alive! And when you're having a hard day, this is the most awesome place to get some support :)

I wish you all the luck TTC#2!

• Thanks for the support, all!  I am pretty good about not stressing in general, but every month when my period rolls around it is a little tough - some months harder than others.  after conceiving my son so quickly i never ever thought i would have to go through this, and it still feels surreal.  I love my son so much and remind myself to just enjoy this time with him, but it can be so hard when i want another baby so much, and want to give him a sibling!  so frustrating.  in a day or so i will be back to my usual positive self :) 
    Baby #1 born March 2010 TTC baby #2 since July 2011 DX: low AMH, prematurely aging ovaries
  • We all understand the feeling down at certain times of the month.  We have all been through and go through those awful ups and downs.  Hang in there and know that you can always come here for some much needed support.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's so surreal when you have problems the second time around!  With my first pregnancy (miscarried early) I had just stopped BCP.  A few months later, we started trying again and after two months, I was pregnant.  

This time, we tried on our own then worked our way up the various interventions.  Now we are on our second cycle of IVF!!  Plus it turns out that I had endometriosis (stage III) I never knew about.  

It's really hard to wrap your head around.  The good news is, with medical interventions, TCM / acupuncture, and tincture of time, the odds are in your favor.  Don't give up.  It's not a happy place, but there are a lot of us out here in a similar situation.   

TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"