Parenting after a Loss

CPW: Vidoe taping Birth

Me and DH are in disagreement on weather or not to tape pumpkins birth. He feels we missed out by not taping Ems birth. And wants to have some kind of sound recording of first cries. Me I can remember it just fine without having a tape of it. I am afraid my language may turn bad as I am going natural for the first time. I didn't have a problem last time but I epi. from really early. I also don't want any video of my girly parts to be out there. I have told him I don't have a problem with pics this time. (i did last time) as long as we keep them modest and away from crowing and that stuff.

Update:Thanks Ladies! I still don't know what I am going to do but at least I don't feel so bad for feeling the way I do anymore. 

[Poll]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CPW: Vidoe taping Birth

• I wasn't interested in video or pictures, and I actually don't think DH would've had time for either as he was supporting me while I labored naturally. Your DH may be in for some hard work, too! If he's mostly interested in cries maybe just an audio recording that he can edit later for language, if necessary? 

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I voted another option.

You could tape part of the hospital stuff, turn it off for the birth (both of you are going to be busy anyway) and then tape afterwards.

That way you both kind of win.

Plus, I am on your side. I dont think I want to document my lady bits or my reaction/actions/cussing/whatever.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We didn't video tape the birth.  I'm glad we didn't as it was one of the scariest moments of my life (DS came out blueish and needed suction to breathe).  Plus I was bloated up on IV fluids and had a temp of 101, to say I looked like ass is putting it mildly. 

I do wish we had more photos of us from right afterwards and when I was in the hospital though.  We never even had any visitors in the hospital (family & friends on other side of country).  I'm thankful for the nurse who had the presence of mind to take the pictures we do have.  I look like crap, but at least we have them. 

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• I do not remember my babe's first cry, so would like to have had a video.  I was pretty loopy.  My DH took a few pictures during labor and was videoing the pushing but he wanted to see the birth with his own eyes (not through a lens) and the batteries may have run out(?).  He did get a picture of DD on my chest and on the scale for which I am grateful.  GL!

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageBarooGirl:

I voted another option.

You could tape part of the hospital stuff, turn it off for the birth (both of you are going to be busy anyway) and then tape afterwards.

That way you both kind of win.

Plus, I am on your side. I dont think I want to document my lady bits or my reaction/actions/cussing/whatever.

I like this idea. I also just voted for the "push the button" because it was an option. Smile

• If you don't want it taped don't tape it.

Tell DH he can make the decision next time he pushes a human being out of his vag.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageErnie52408:

If you don't want it taped don't tape it.

Tell DH he can make the decision next time he pushes a human being out of his vag.

Yes

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• I voted for other option. I am not for taping labor but I do regret not having the part where I met DS for the first time on video. This time DH will only be taping the point where baby is coming out (except shooting from my head) as I don't want to see any of that nonsense. Good luck with whatever choice you make!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"