November 2011 Moms

Birthday Menus

Anyone have theirs planned out yet? It's the one thing about DD's party that is stressing me up. I need some inspiration!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of our Rainbow Baby after 2 early m/c.
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Birthday Menus

• We are grilling out hamburgers and hotdogs at our house.

I'm going to have a mexicorn dip and probably French onion with chips. I also am going to have popcorn, baked beans and maybe a hashbrown casserole.

Our party is strictly family so nothing super fancy!

• I'm doing a mix of kid friendly and adult finger foods.  We are having goldfish crackers, cookies, mini pizzas, chicken taquitos, stuffed mushrooms, turkey and cheese sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches, and mini quiches.  We are having a Sesame Street themed party, so everything is going to tie in some way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • We're going to do italian sausage and beef. Nothing fancy since my main focus will be on desserts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're doing big pasta bowls and salad from noodles and company

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was just thinking the same thing yesterday!  I was thinking burgers and brats etc. but we live in northern WI, end of November is a little iffy for grilling.  So, I really have no clue at this point.

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
  • In the freezer section of Sam's Club they have this amazing pulled pork that you just put in the crockpot for 3 hours to heat up. So we'll have that and buns, maybe taco dip, a cold salad Italian pasta salad? and something fruity. Then cake, Oreo truffles and and cake dip for dessert.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Hmmm... Good ideas, girls!

I think we will go the finger food route as well. Our theme is pink lemonade, so picnic-y foods will probably work. I know it's more of a summer theme, but I found so many cute ideas on pinterest and its gorgeous that time of year in AZ, so I thought why not.

Thanks, everyone!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of our Rainbow Baby after 2 early m/c.
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"