Two Under 2
Options

XP: Double stroller: Vista vs. City Select

This is a repost from the baby gear board but I thought you ladies could possibly be of more help. 
So DH and I are talking about TTC #2 soon and I've already started looking at double strollers (ok, TBH, I've been looking at double strollers for months). I've pretty much got it narrowed down to either the UPPAbaby Vista or the Baby Jogger City Select. 
I obviously have quite some time to figure this out but I just want to hear reviews from people that actually have either of these strollers. 
I have a City Mini now so I am familiar with the Baby Jogger brand. I have looked at the CS and liked pretty much everything but the wide handle. It's a small complaint but I don't know, it just really bothers me.
I have not had a chance to test the Vista but I like everything I'm reading about it online. It is $100 more than the CS but includes the bassinet attachment which would be about the same anyway to add to the CS. 
Munchkin born 11/22/11
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pipsqueak born 6/9/14
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: XP: Double stroller: Vista vs. City Select

• Options

These were the 2 strollers that we were looking at also.  We went with the city select. 

We did not like the fact that the UPPA only had the rumble seat. When we put our older daughter in the seat she screamed and it was like she was sitting on the floor and we did not like that. With the city select it's two separate seats and they can both move independent of each other. The rumble seat on the UPPA does not move so once it's in place that's where it will stay.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I have a CS and love it. I got it when I was pg with ds2. Its been a great stroller. I love that when both want to ride they can see out. I knew there was no way ds1 would ever ride belowe the other seat. Once ds1 wanted to walk more it was nice to have a single stroller and now with ds3 I can put him and ds2 in it if I need too. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekle0113:

These were the 2 strollers that we were looking at also.  We went with the city select. 

We did not like the fact that the UPPA only had the rumble seat. When we put our older daughter in the seat she screamed and it was like she was sitting on the floor and we did not like that. With the city select it's two separate seats and they can both move independent of each other. The rumble seat on the UPPA does not move so once it's in place that's where it will stay.  

This, it's why we went with the City Select too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options

I went with the CS for 3 big reasons:

1. I didn't want my DD to be sitting practically on the floor, unable to see out, and unable to fully recline the seat.

2. I didn't want her feet to be in the basket. with 2u2 (especially at 16 months apart) I had to bring everything but the kitchen sink and didn't want her kicking everything or grabbing anything and throwing it out of the stroller. 

3. I wanted it to be a single but knew even as a single I needed a stand board (glider board) for her to ride on with short trips.  

My complaints after having it for a while:

1. impossible to do a diaper change in this stroller. This wasn't a problem until we had a blow-out at the zoo and no bathroom in sight.

2. whoever sits in the back can kick the front seat or if they lean forward can pull hair. Again not a huge problem and I tell DS no but he still does it when I am not looking

3. I needed both kids to nap in the stroller in Disneyland and it was fine but DS was asleep and  DD threw a tantrum trying to kick his seat and wake him up so now we do a side-by-side for those type of trips. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have the Vista and when I looked at the rumble seat in person, I realized it would never work. There is no way my DS1 would be happy in that seat! I wish I looked at this prior to purchasing it with #1 but who knew?!? However, I do plan to use it again when I can buy that board that allows DS1 to stand on it but for now it won't work for 2U2.

I have bought the BJ City Mini double but it's still in the box so I can't speak to how well it works. I have the single and love it so I hope this wasn't a mistake ;) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"