June 2012 Moms
Options

Let's talk tummies

Following on from the weight loss thread below, I noticed a lot of us are struggling with our tummies. I saw several comments about carrying weight in the midsection. As a STM, I'm definitely struggling with this. I've also got diastasis recti (separation of the stomach muscles), meaning no amount of weight I lose is going to make a darn bit of difference until I get those muscles tightened back up. I'm curious to know if anyone else is dealing with this. If so, what are you doing to correct it? I used to love Pilates, but I'm scared I might make the problem worse by doing anything too intense.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Let's talk tummies

• Options

After #1, I did the Tupler technique.  I wore the belt 24-7 and did all of the exercises.  It definitely helped a ton, but it's a huge commitment.  The good thing is that she also tells you what exercises you should never do.

It's probably time for me to break out the belt again, because my tummy is way worse this time,

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I started wearing a corset a few weeks after DD was born, and I wear it every night and about every other day. I can tell a huge difference... it sucks everything in so I don't have gravity pulling on me, and everything can shrink back to normal a little easier.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maintaining good posture can be a good, easy way to rebuild your core. I know my core is so weak from having LOs that my posture suffers terribly. If I remind myself to sit up straight and walk upright, while engaging my core, I notice a bit of a difference. You might need more exercise than just that, but it can be a good, real life place to start. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"