Secondary IF

New here with possible Adenomyosis :(

Hi Guys,

I'm new to The Bump.  My DH and I have a 2 year old daughter who we conceived on cycle 1.

We are now on cycle 11 and my hope is dwindling.

DH's SA is good, my HSG was clear, except they found my uterus may have adenomyosis.  I have to have an MRI in the near future to find out for sure.

My RE told me this has ZERO affect on fertility....however, I got home and started reading online and there really wasn't much in the way of good news. 

Has anyone been diagnosed with adenomyosis?  Or know anyone that has??

Re: New here with possible Adenomyosis :(

• I don't know about that but welcome to the board. I hope your say is short

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKKDRAGONFLY:
    I don't know about that but welcome to the board. I hope your say is short

It seems no on else knows about it either.  Thank you though! :)

• Loading the player...
  • I wish I knew about it.  Just wanted to say welcome and GL to you!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Hey there,

I was recently diagnosed with this completely by accident (was getting an MRI of my pelvis for something else and the sports medicine guy showed me the MRI and said, "Hey - did you know you have this, too?"). I was also told by my midwife and OB that this will have zero effect on my fertility. They didn't even recommend any sort of follow up on the issue prior to TTC our second child, and I'm pushing 40. I'm not sure what to think, but I feel your anxiety. All I can recommend is try to not research further into this, as I think there is just a ton of conflicting evidence. When I did all of my googling, tons of message board crap came up that really got me down. My guess is that the people who enter into message board rooms to discuss this stuff are the ones who are having the most difficulty (the ones who need the most support). Also, from what I hear about it, it often co-occurs with other OB issues, so there has got to be tons of variability in the impact it may have from person to person, depending on those other factors. My midwife indicated that because I've always had completely awful periods, I probably had this all along, even prior to the birth of my first child (conceived the first month we tried).My midwife in response to my anxiety related to the issue (and I quote her) just said, "Get pregnant." I've just got a sense that I'm in for some problems this time around. But I also know I've read too much online crap that has made me anxious. Ugh. Good luck. 

• Hey! I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I don't personally have adenmyosis but I've seen it in some patients that have come in for ultrasounds. While most doctors say that it doesn't cause IF, it can effect it. When you uterine lining and wall are being effected by the changes of tissue (adeno) it can be more difficult for implantation to occur. Did your dr say anything about possibly doing a round of Prometrium? If its not to personal, can I ask what your cycles and menstration are like??

• imagechelsb@cc.usu.edu:

Hey! I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I don't personally have adenmyosis but I've seen it in some patients that have come in for ultrasounds. While most doctors say that it doesn't cause IF, it can effect it. When you uterine lining and wall are being effected by the changes of tissue (adeno) it can be more difficult for implantation to occur. Did your dr say anything about possibly doing a round of Prometrium? If its not to personal, can I ask what your cycles and menstration are like??

I PM'ed you!!

• imageJJ1973:

Hey there,

I was recently diagnosed with this completely by accident (was getting an MRI of my pelvis for something else and the sports medicine guy showed me the MRI and said, "Hey - did you know you have this, too?"). I was also told by my midwife and OB that this will have zero effect on my fertility. They didn't even recommend any sort of follow up on the issue prior to TTC our second child, and I'm pushing 40. I'm not sure what to think, but I feel your anxiety. All I can recommend is try to not research further into this, as I think there is just a ton of conflicting evidence. When I did all of my googling, tons of message board crap came up that really got me down. My guess is that the people who enter into message board rooms to discuss this stuff are the ones who are having the most difficulty (the ones who need the most support). Also, from what I hear about it, it often co-occurs with other OB issues, so there has got to be tons of variability in the impact it may have from person to person, depending on those other factors. My midwife indicated that because I've always had completely awful periods, I probably had this all along, even prior to the birth of my first child (conceived the first month we tried).My midwife in response to my anxiety related to the issue (and I quote her) just said, "Get pregnant." I've just got a sense that I'm in for some problems this time around. But I also know I've read too much online crap that has made me anxious. Ugh. Good luck. 

ugh.  Good luck to you too.  I probably read the exact same info online that you did.  A ton of message board posts with sad stories. :(    Its so weird for me because my periods are totally normal and I get almost zero pain every month.  It was found in my HSG test...I would have never, ever guessed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"