Infertility
Options

omega 3,6 9

I have a question about omega oils (obviously lol)

I'm doing IVF at the moment, and am told to start omega 3,6,9 after my ER. 

Can you tell me why I would need to do this ?

I do have a history of miscarriage

After 13 chemicals/early miscarriages,

8 rounds of clomid, 
4 rounds of timed intercourse with injections, 
and 1 round of iui, 
we have moved on to IVF 
IVF 1 - Chemical Pregnancy 
IVF 2 - Cancelled - No EGGS!!! - diagnosed with possible empty follicle syndrome 
IVF 3 - Failed.

Private Adoption in Newfoundland - Failed after flying home from Africa - going to dr appointments/ultrasounds etc. BM decided to keep the baby - absolutely devastated. Baby boy was born with severe development issues with his limbs and has FAS :( 
International Adoption in Uganda - Failed. 

IVF 4 - Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol : 08/16/2014: Stims Started  08/28/2014: Trigger Shot 08/30/2104: ER - 14 eggs collected. !2 ICSI'd and 8 have made it into proper 2 celled embryos. 10/04/2014 Prospective transfer date :) (5DT) - 3 day report, 2x8 cells, 3x6 cells, 3x4 cells 09/4/2014: 5 day Transfer of 2 Early Blasts, and a Morula - Results: BFP ended in chemical. 

IVF 5 - Donor eggs and Donor Sperm. female donor is 25, male donor is 22. Transfer set for March 7, 2015. 

Re: omega 3,6 9

• Options

I was told to take 1000mg of Omega 3 (not 3-6-9 however) once daily pre-conception and during pregnancy.  My RE said that there is evidence that it lowers the premature birth rate and is also associated with a reduction in pregnancy induced hypertension.

***SIGNATURE WARNING***

TTC #1

Me 42, DH 47

Dx = AMA/DOR, MFI

IVF/ICSI #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI #2 = BFP; early loss

IVF/ICSI #3 (DE) = BFP; early loss

FET = BFN

IVF/ICSI #4 (DE w/ CCS) = BFP

Beta #1 @ 10dp6dt = 265; Beta #2 @ 14dp6dt = 1251. 

1st U/S @ 6w2d showed one perfect little heartbeat! 

2nd U/S @ 7w2d. HB 132 & everything measuring on track.

Our beautiful little girl arrived January 2015!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"