January 2012 Moms
Options

Too old for bath pictures?

So I took some cute pictures of DS right out of the bath last night.  As I'm looking through them, I'm wondering about whether or not it's proper to post some of these online.  The pictures in questions have his penis covered, but he's otherwise completely naked.  Generally I go by the rule that anything that would embarass him as a teenager stays off facebook, but I have other bathtime pictures of him already up from when he was younger (none of his privates showing of course).  I have other ways of sharing these cute post-bath pictures with family without putting them online, but it got me thinking about when it's not ok to do that sort of thing.

What do y'all think about this issue?  When would you consider it too much to post (or even take) mostly naked bath pictures.  With the probability of our children inheriting online legacies of pictures and parents' status messages, where do you draw the line?

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
Lilypie Maternity tickers
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Re: Too old for bath pictures?

• Options
    With my DD, I just try to show shoulders up.  If I had a son, I would probably be comfortable showing belly button up.  This is all online.  Family photo album is fair game as long as privates are covered.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We go by the "If you have to think about it don't do it" rule. I posted one bath pic but it was just her neck and head...I had shampooed her hair into a mohawk:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When I worked at Sears Portrait Studios, the rule for the pictures in the tub (makes it look like their naked, but they're not) was 1 year.  I planned on using a similar rule, especially with a girl.

I also use the rule that wychets said: "If you have to think about it don't do it".

• Options

My husband and me are a bit different in this area, but we don't even take bath pictures/naked pictures of our girls.  Even right after they are born, we take a picture of the weight on the scale but no naked shots so I would say no, don't post naked pictures of your son on facebook.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options

I think naked baby pics are adorable and we do take some at bath time etc....I mean Jees, it's your baby and I don't see it being bad!  I haven't posted any out there though. but if your DSs little privates are covered, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean, it's a cute baby and most people, who would be your friends you know I'd hope would view it the same way... BUT at the same time, you post it online and technically anybody can get to it including crazy people and thats a scary thought....

So long story short, I think naked baby pics are adorable!!! But I wouldn't want to post them on the net just due the potential risk of them getting in the wrong hands.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagewychets:
    We go by the "If you have to think about it don't do it" rule. I posted one bath pic but it was just her neck and head...I had shampooed her hair into a mohawk:)

I agree - if you have to think about it then don't do it.  That's a great rule to go by.

I posted pics of DS in the past in the tub.  He was about 9 months or so... and was sitting up - only his chest/ head was showing.  So they could easily be just like pictures in a pool. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I see nothing wrong with it as long as his peen is covered. Then again, I've got pics of my then 2 year olds adorable tushy on FB.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input.  I like the rule of nothing between the belly button and lower thigh.  The pics in question will probably stay off facebook, but I'll probably share them with family with the instructions that they are not to be posted online.  I'll probably say no bath pictures at all by the time he's 3 or so.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"