Success after IF
Options

AWFUL Headaches after taking shots? HELP please

I was put on birth control to shrink cysts I had gotten from the follistim... I now am on the follistim.. I was wondering if anyone has gotten really bad headaches!?? I am in severe pain in my neck up to my temple and nothing helps. thought maybe you could let me know if anything helped you or if this even happened to you.

TIA!

Re: AWFUL Headaches after taking shots? HELP please

• Options

I got horrible migraines with each and every cycle.  The meds just did it to me.  Sadly, there's not much you can do.  I took Tylenol, lots of water, coffee, dark chocolate.  Nothing ever took them away, maybe just dulled them a bit.  Plus, the Lupron and dexamethasone gave me insomnia, so I was having trouble sleeping the headaches/migraines off too.

It's just all part of the fun of IF.

Good luck!

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I always took Tylenol along with something with caffeine, like a Coke.  When they got so bad I couldn't function I was given Tylenol 3 (with codeine in it) by my doctor.

Other than that, the only other thing that helped was sleeping in a very dark room while pressing my head into a pillow.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I'm right there with pp. Nothing really worked, so I just dealt with them. Ice packs around my eyes were really the only thing that helped subside them.
    Diagnosis - MIF - FUIF!
    #1 12R, 7M, 5F - 2- 3dt BFN - 1 totsicle became our DD.
    TTC#2 since 1/12
    IVF #2 - 10R, 6M, 5F - 1 5dt of a morula= BFN none to freeze.
    IVF #3 (blegh) Long Lupron Protocol
    ER 8/23 12R, 7M, 2F - 2 beautiful 3d 8/26
    +HPT 9/3 beta #1 9/10= 78.5 #2 9/12 = 136 #3 9/14 319 #4 9/17 890 #5 9/21 2119
    Little B is where he needs to be. HB 9/24. no HB 10/3. Missed m/c @ 8w. D&C 10/5 :(
    IVF #4 - Antagonist Protocol
    ER - 17R, 14M, 9F - 1 beautiful blast 12/13 (Our anniversary), 3 more FROZEN!! WOO HOO!
    +HPT 12/17 beta #1 12/27 = 1654 (um hells to the yeah), beta #2 12/31 = 6994, 1st u/s= 1/8 (fingers firmly crossed) = HB 125. You rock little one.
    Please, Please Stick. Mommy, Daddy and Big Sis love you so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Our Totsicle is getting so big!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"