Georgia Babies
Options

Another Birthday party question

Emma is turning 10 (!!!!!!) in a few weeks.  She has 2 other friends that share the same birthday and this year we are doing a joint party.  We rented a party bus and all of the girls are meeting the bus at a central location and then riding around for a while with stops at each birthday girls house for a mini party at each house.  I know one house is putting together care packages for the Humane society and I think they are making dog treats or something like that. The other house is having a girl come to do glitter tattoos and having a candy bar setup. 

What should I do?  It's going to be like 21 girls, probably for 45 minutes to an hour.  I'm second on the rotation if that matters, between the dog theme and candy bar. 

I've thought about a scavenger hunt, but it is going to be dark.  Or, maybe putting a disco ball up in the carport with music so they can dance.  But, there are lights and a dance floor on the bus, so that might be dumb. 

Re: Another Birthday party question

• Options

Since you're before the candy bar how about something savory like a make your own taco theme?

• Options
    imagesmynings_bride:

Since you're before the candy bar how about something savory like a make your own taco theme?

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that they are eating on the bus. Probably like pizza or subs and chips.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about a make your own photo both have props and such and they can pose and have music and some snacks and then you can send the pictures of them in the thank you note
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't know why, but this made me giggle:

"I'm second on the rotation if that matters, between the dog theme and candy bar."

So I'm trying to think of something that willl tie the two together.  And I'm at a loss.  You could set up an ice cream sundae bar - or maybe have some one do mani or pedis for them?

• Options
    i love the photo booth idea, or you could do temporary color hair streaks and manis...
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I like the mani, pedi, hair fun idea (the feathers they put in their hair, or the temp color streaks)... Just a whole little primping party!

• Options
    I love the idea of a photo booth and they can make props/try on funky costumes or whatever and take pics.  The idea of mani/pedi sounds great, too.  I guess with 21 girls it would be hard to fit that into an hour but I'm sure there is some variation of a "spa" theme you could do.
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options
    imageKerrin:

"I'm second on the rotation if that matters, between the dog theme and candy bar."

I know, I thought the same thing. 

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to check on the photo booth and see what I can come up with.

• Options
    imageK&P414:
    imageKerrin:

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to check on the photo booth and see what I can come up with.

Okay. Well.  The quote I just got was $749.  AYMFKM?

• Options
    imageK&P414:
    imageK&P414:
    imageKerrin:

Okay. Well.  The quote I just got was $749.  AYMFKM?

LMAO that is ridiculous! I think the photo booth idea is awesome. I use a backdrop company that you could order a fun backdrop from for low cost and tape it to the wall and then have them take fun photos. I will FB message you some ideas.  

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You can just get a large piece of fabric in a cool print and tape it to the wall and designate someone as the photographer. The girls can make their own props or provide stuff like boas (you can get them for fairly cheap at a craft store) and they can keep them as favors. 
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh, I love the photobooth idea!  You can totally DIY it for way cheaper.  I'm sure there's a ton of ideas on pinterest!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I love the photo booth idea. Have some props like boas, sung,asses, tiaras etc. then do fabric on a wall and have someone take pictures. You could then burn CDs of the pictures for each girl and send it to them as a thank you
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, photo booth can totally be DIY, what/who quoted you that insane amount?  Just set up a cute backdrop (can literally be twisted streamers and balloons, or a chevron patterned sheet, or Christmas lights, or whatever.  And get them some cute props, like boas, big sunglasses, tiaras, etc, and take the pictures yourself (or have a friend do it).  Have good lighting, and they will love having some great pictures of all of them together!
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    photo booths are huge for weddings right now so that is why the price is so much.  I would DIY and you could have some really fun ideas with it.
  • Options
    One of the daily deal sites had a photo booth deal a few days ago. For the life of me I cant remember which one. I totally agree though that you could DIY it! Cute idea!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yeah, I think the cost was so high because I'm in Augusta, not Atl.  The place that I got the quote from had a big "ONLY PHOTOBOOTH RENTAL IN AUGUSTA!" banner across the website. 

Okay, so I think I can DIY the booth/props/decor myself but I don't know about the pictures.  What I really wanted was for them to be able to print out the little filmstrips to have at the party.  I'm sure something like that exists, so off to the interwebs I go!  (But please share if you already know how to make that happen)

• Options

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"