Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Need gift ideas!

Hi ladies!

I have a friend who has fallen on hard times and has 8 months old twin boys.  I was hoping to mail her a care package and was wondering what I should include for the boys.  Ideally it would be something helpful or something you wouldn't buy yourself if you didn't have the money but your LO would love.  I figured since you all aren't that far removed from having 8 months old children yourself that this could be a good place to get ideas that might be mailable.

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need gift ideas!

• I am not sure if you are looking for toy ideas but these are some fav's in our home

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80014041/

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90192014/

https://img.ps2netdrivers.net/img/d2/hasbro.playskool.busy.ball.popper/small.jpg

Other than that I think extra clothes are always good of course in larger sizes. Maybe even send coupons for wipes/diapers. HTH. Wishing the best to your friend and her family.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • The most expensive items to buy with young children are diapers and formula. If I had fallen on hard times, I would most appreciate getting those items (unless she bf's of course!). I would also think a Target gift card tucked into a care package would be awesome, too - then she could stock up on anything she needs/wants! If you were thinking of more of the boys, I wouldn't worry so much - an 8 month old doesn' care what he/she plays with, so any type of toy would be a nice added treat to the package.
  • Loading the player...
  • Those are all great ideas!  Thanks!

I was totally unsure because A is my first and she's only 5 months, so I don't know where the boys would be at in terms of what kind of stuff they would really be interested in and they live 10 hours away from me, so I haven't seen them in a while.

• DS is almost 10 months, and he loves chasing after balls, anything that makes music (he has a little Elmo plastic cd player thing that plays music that he loves), he loves banging blocks together, he has a little toy piano that he loves to pound on. Maybe that's the boy in him, but definitely if it makes noise and he can hit it together with something else, he loves it!!
  • Ditto the diapers and formula.  Otherwise, I would probably go with a gift card to Target or Walmart with a note saying "for whatever you may need", with maybe a book or a small toy or outfit.

Also, ask her what brands she prefers on things (baby and household), and mail her any coupons you can from the paper or online.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you, ladies!  I was planning on sending diapers and coupons for the brands she uses-- but booooo so many coupons seem to be money off of two or three instead of just one anymore...  She subscribes to Amazon for their formula.

I like the book idea.

• I'm not sure what you'd be spending for this, but what about some sort of family pass to a zoo, museum, park, etc nearby?  So they can get out and have some fun as a family and not pay to get in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"