December 2010 Moms

what do I do? sleep-related

My son has been waking up at 5am every day for the past few weeks. He is a morning person, but it's still totally dark at 5, and his old wake up time was 6 or so. We put him to bed at 7. If that bedtime drifts later for some reason it is still the same story. His napping is at a reasonably consistent time for a variable amount of time but no matter how long the nap is this wake-up tends to happen. This kind of thing used to just happen when he had pooped but now it happens no matter what, it seems.

We have tried going in there and ignoring him. Occasionally he'll scream and then get quiet, but honestly if we ignore him most of the time he'll be on-and-off crying the whole time until we go get him at 6. 

I need him to get enough sleep and I need us to get enough sleep! And we really need his schedule to start at 6, not 5. Any thoughts?!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what do I do? sleep-related

• I have no idea, but when you figure it out, let me know. Its been going on here for about 2 months now.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• imageOhSewCrafty:
    I have no idea, but when you figure it out, let me know. Its been going on here for about 2 months now.

Same here!  In addition to a 1:30AM waking. Sleep

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you tried shifting his entire schedule (meals, snacks, nap time) later and not just his bed time? In theory that should work...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"