August 2011 Moms
Options

Fighting on Different Boards?

So I feel like this board is my "home board" I'm here the most but have been sticking my nose in other boards just because. There are some RUDE people out there! I hate getting into things with other women, but it's hard to see so many people beating someone down who is simply looking for help!? Any one else feel like they have gotten into a losing battle with someone while trying to help another? Do you just leave it alone or stand you ground?

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/68351130.aspx

Re: Fighting on Different Boards?

• Options

I really try to stay out of fighting. I try to think of myself as a not catty person. I really do not see the point since this is supposed to be a board to help, learn and just have fun site. I do try to give my two cents if I think it can help or if I just want to be chatty Cathy.

I just want to make sure I treat those how I want to be treated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    They really aren't all bad. I post from time to time and I enjoy the humor. They just don't tolerate stupid. Stick around and you'll see what I'm saying. There's Aholes everywhere, even there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageshanado:
    They really aren't all bad. I post from time to time and I enjoy the humor. They just don't tolerate stupid. Stick around and you'll see what I'm saying. There's Aholes everywhere, even there.

I have to admit I do think some of the posts are funny Embarrassed and there are some that are just wrong...very wrong.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageDuffgurl:

imageshanado:

I have to admit I do think some of the posts are funny Embarrassed and there are some that are just wrong...very wrong.

Yeah but if you get the board dynamic its all in good fun. If someone decided to lurk today there's no way they would get it.
  • Options
    Since it's not clicky, what's the title of the post?
  • Options

I thought it was clicky sorry, It's 'Back, buy cautious...'

• Options
    imageKarlieeAnne:

On parenting board? I don't see it.
  • Options
    imageLindsRockies:
    imageshanado:
    imageKarlieeAnne:

Clicky:

Thank you. And I agree with you.
  • Options
    imageLindsRockies:
    imageshanado:
    imageLindsRockies:
    imageshanado:
    imageKarlieeAnne:

Clicky:

Thank you. And I agree with you.
    Just in case I have to clarify I agree with you Linds.
  • Options
    imageLindsRockies:

Just my $0.02:

That poster had it coming in my book to say that some women on that board can be hateful.  If you're looking to make friends and get support, there's a better way to go about it.

I'm not going to get into her original post about doing CIO on a 1-month old, (whatever, sh!t happens) but she deserved the snark she got for starting off her post the way she did.  "Hi all, I'm looking for help and advice, but you all can be pretty hateful sometimes"  Umm, OK?

And sorry, but you also had some snark coming your way calling someone a "know it all b!tch".  I mean, you didn't really think they were going to let that slide, did you?

When I post something in a board I don't 'belong in' there's good reason. I really didn't care I guess how I sounded toward her because of all the tormenting she did to the first poster. She followed her in different posts and kept bashing her saying that she needed a reality check. I just felt bad and got angry that someone could make someone feel so dumb about not knowing how to handle her child in a moment. I wasn't any better with what I said I know, but honestly I didn't care. I just don't think it's fair to let some people walk all over others. I guess that was my point. I have seen this a lot in various boards and it's sad that there can't be one 'safe' place for woman to talk about their parenting struggles. I am honestly afraid to ask some questions about things I'm unsure of because I some woman have been very rude to me. I am just looking for help because I don't have very many places to turn, so seeing this happening to someone struck a cord in me I guess.

• Options
    It's the interwebs. People suck. Sticking up for someone is okay but there's a right way to do it. Name calling didn't help. But I know you meant well in the end.
  • Options

imageshanado:
    It's the interwebs. People suck. Sticking up for someone is okay but there's a right way to do it. Name calling didn't help. But I know you meant well in the end.

I agree with Shanado.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageLindsRockies:
    Just my 0.02:
    That poster had it coming in my book to say that some women on that board can be hateful.nbsp; If you're looking to make friends and get support, there's a better way to go about it.
    I'm not going to get into her original post about doing CIO on a 1month old, whatever, sh!t happens but she deserved the snark she got for starting off her post the way she did.nbsp; "Hi all, I'm looking for help and advice, but you all can be pretty hateful sometimes"nbsp; Umm, OK?
    And sorry, but you also had some snark coming your waynbsp;calling someone a "know it all b!tch".nbsp; I mean, you didn't really think they were going to let thatnbsp;slide, did you?

This exactly!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I post on a bunch of these boards. People may get snarky and all, but in the end, they were standing up for what they thought was right in that thread-someone letting their NB CIO. That's a poor choice any way you look at it, excuses or not. And for all of your 'standing up' to them, you were much ruder than they were for name calling.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageKimbus22:

I like the crazy. I  run out of stuff to read without it :)

Yes!!! I don't usually participate in the crazy, I just sit back and read and let myself be entertained. 

But there's crazy amusing, and then there's crazy disturbing.  If I find something really troubling about how someone is raising their child (like the woman who insisted it was ok smoke cigs while her baby was nursing at the breast) I stop reading.   That woman's mind was made up, and any comment on the internet that I might offer isn't going to have any effect on her take on what's "right," so I don't bother.  I say a prayer for that poor baby, and move on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageCatahoulaMom:
    I post on a bunch of these boards. People may get snarky and all, but in the end, they were standing up for what they thought was right in that thread-someone letting their NB CIO. That's a poor choice any way you look at it, excuses or not. And for all of your 'standing up' to them, you were much ruder than they were for name calling.

Yes 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"