High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Blood and Anxiety Disorder, Help please?

I am only 6 weeks pregnant and I have a blood disorder that has landed me on blood thinners.  Add to that consistent panic attacks and anxiety issues coupled with severe morning sickness I'm starting to feel like the only person out here with this.  I have been going to a counselor and have a team of doctors but I would really appreciate some advise on Handling this sever anxiety I have picked up since I got pregnant.  And It's not normal anxiety I'm worried about everything all the time and it's effecting my eating and sleeping habits.

Is there anything out there that will help??

Re: Blood and Anxiety Disorder, Help please?

• Options
    I have some psych issues. Bipolar with panic disorder. Never had panic attacks until pp with ds. But they're back this pregnancy. I see a psychiatrist monthly. Used to see him weekly. He does therapy and was helpful in doing a lot of research with me on what meds were safe in pregnancy. The meds help, but talking through it is better. For me. Talk to someone about what's right for you.

I had bad ms with ds and this LO. I started off with B6 and unisom. Then I moved to compazine, which has very few side effects. Then I started using the phenergan suppositories I have for migraines. They make me tired so I'd only use them after work. Or if I was having a really bad pukey day. Then I got zofran, which I only use as a last resort because it constipates me do badly. No need to be pukey AND not poop for four days. I also ate whatever sounded good to me. Most of the time, I tolerated these foods. Your body knows what's best for you. Even if you end up just eating chimichangas and BBQ chips. Try the chewable vitamins or gummies as they're easier on the tummy than regular pnv. You have to take two chewable or four gummies to get the same dose as regular pnv.

I have a clotting disorder as well. I sometimes feel like a train wreck for all of my issues, as they don't end here! It's stressful. But it affects my health more than my pregnancy, as I'm at increased risk for heart attack and stroke. Check out the lovenox ladies posts and their check in. They are supportive and have a lot of insight.

It's definitely hard to be high risk. Especially if an anxiety disorder comes into play. I think the best thing you can do is talk to your doctor. If it's your ob, family doc, psychiatrist, whatever. Doesn't matter. Just talk it through with someone. Come up with a plan and go from there. HTH.
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"