Attachment Parenting

Carrier Question: Is this a bad idea??

I tried on an ergo for the first time today, and it seems like it isn't THAT different from the old style boba that I have. I love my boba and I really didn't want to buy a new carrier for LO #2, but I know you can't use the original bobas with an infant under 15lbs.

So, I was thinking... would it be possible to buy an ergo infant insert and use it with the old boba carrier I already have?? Could this be a safe, viable option, or should I just splurge on a new one? I have tons of wraps for the infant stage, but I like having a SSC sometimes too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Carrier Question: Is this a bad idea??

• Let me rephrase that. In a perfect world I would LOVE to get a new 3G carrier, but I just blew most of my baby budget on a ton of new diapers instead. Oops! ;
    But if using the infant insert with the boba is not safe, I'll just suck it up and get a new one.
  • uh oh! 15 pounds happened pretty fast with my DS... he had probably hit that by three months! So if you can hang in there with your wraps for the first few months, then you can just break out the Boba a little later. You could always call the Boba company to see what they think.
  • Loading the player...
  • Isn't the issue the height of the back? I think you use a rolled up towel or blanket to get baby up higher.

I'd ask on TBW. 

• imageBriDaily:
    uh oh! 15 pounds happened pretty fast with my DS... he had probably hit that by three months! So if you can hang in there with your wraps for the first few months, then you can just break out the Boba a little later. You could always call the Boba company to see what they think.

Not sure about the original, but the 2G says not to use before 6 months. 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imageBriDaily:
    uh oh! 15 pounds happened pretty fast with my DS... he had probably hit that by three months! So if you can hang in there with your wraps for the first few months, then you can just break out the Boba a little later. You could always call the Boba company to see what they think.
    I wouldn't count on that. My LO still hasn't hit 15 lbs yet at 9 1/2 months.
  • I wouldn't recommend it.  Honestly though I don't think any buckle carrier is really ideal for newborns particularly once they don't want to be legs in (unless you go for something like the pikkolo with an adjustable base).  I'd stick with the wraps.  Or take the money you'd spend on the insert and buy a ring sling ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"