October 2011 Moms
Options

Baby sign language...sort of....

I had grand plans of teaching Izzy some baby sign language.  I wasn't very consistent, and didn't take the time to learn any myself.  I just let it go really.

Well, I got a new t-shirt last week that has a bird on it.  Somehow pointing to the bird got associated with my breasts and her feeding...which at the same time she wanted to eat.  Now she points and pulls on my shirt making a "num num num" sound.  This is kind of cute at home.  I know exactly when she wants to eat because she does all this.  Not so cute in a store!  Twice now when we are out she starts this and she knows I understand.  I do not feed her in public anymore because she pulls the cover from her head and of course thrashes so much.  

No other point to this except my sign language kind of went not as planned.  Anyone else have some stories? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby sign language...sort of....

• Options

LOL  That's awesome.

"Milk" was the first sign Lily learned to understand (probably because it's the one we did most consistently), but she almost never does the sign even though she does many others.  We do the sign to ask her if she wants to nurse and her response is to giggle and bury her head in my chest and motorboat me.  DH likes to show this off.  To everyone.  Anywhere.  Including at my brother's wedding.  Embarrassed

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    Oliver would try to pull my shirt up. 
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLCass:

LOL  That's awesome.

"Milk" was the first sign Lily learned to understand (probably because it's the one we did most consistently), but she almost never does the sign even though she does many others.  We do the sign to ask her if she wants to nurse and her response is to giggle and bury her head in my chest and motorboat me.  DH likes to show this off.  To everyone.  Anywhere.  Including at my brother's wedding.  Embarrassed

Sorry, that made me laugh.  

• Options
    Lo totally motorboats me and tries to pull my shirt out and down while screeching.
  • Options
    Lily also tugs all my necklines down.  And she went through a couple of days of trying to do it to other people, too, when she wanted to get the message across that she was ready to nurse.  She pulled on DH, my mom and my dad.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    LBB hasn't even figured out the shirt thing. When he wants to nurse he just divebombs my chest with his mouth open.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had success with R learning and signing "milk," but that is it.  I blame myself for not sticking with it.  I work 50-60 hours a week, am on my HOA board, and my DH is deployed, I don't have time to learn baby sign language.  I do, however, spend a lot of time with a friend who breastfeeds (I don't), and she BF in front of R & I all the time.  R now goes for my chest when he sees his friend nursing.  It's bizarre!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"