April 2012 Moms

How often do you do baby laundry?

Please indicate if you cloth diaper or not. I am sure that drastically increases the loads of laundry needing to be washed.
imageimageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How often do you do baby laundry?

• I don't cloth diaper. I do a load almost every day, if not every other day. Today I already did a load, but then he had an epic blowout all the way to his shoulders as he was nursing so now those clothes and the boppy are in the wash. They are never very big loads. I normally will throw my clothes in with his too. I do DH's clothes separate mostly though cause he gets sweaty at the gym and at work and Idk, I'm just weird I guess.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We don't cloth diaper. I do 1-2 loads of baby laundry a week depending on how many blowouts he has. We also have a large washer and dryer that can fit a crap ton of clothes, so that helps too. 
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • not often enough- I'm LAZY!
  • We have our laundry sent out once a week which is the same as we did pre-baby. If we do our own laundry we also do it once a week. 

ETA I do not cloth diaper 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I do baby laundry every 2-3 days.  I just starting CDing so I'll probably be doing laundry every other day if not every day.  Sigh.

BabyFetus Ticker

• I do laundry once a week. DD has one full load. I do not cloth diaper.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Disposable diapers. I do her laundry twice a week but that's just because she still spits up quite a bit so we go through bibs and burp rags fast. She doesn't always have a full load so i will throw her stuff in with some of my clothes.
  • 1-2 week. When she was tiny it was a lot more (then we got her reflux spitting up under control).
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • I don't cloth diaper. I do laundry everyday (at least one load for my twins and at least one for me and Jeff).
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I cloth diaper, and wash diapers every 3 days.

I do one load of his clothing, etc each week. We've never had a blowout, so there has never been anything that immediately needed to be washed and I typically don't go through more than one outfit per day.

• I do not cloth diaper but Ari has reflux so we go through 5 to 7 bids and burp cloths a day. I do a load every other day usually. 
  • I do his clothes 2-3 times a week and do not CD. I would like to do his laundry once a week, but I don't have enough blankets, burp cloths, bibs and pajamas to get him through a whole week without washing a couple of times. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't cloth diaper. I do laundry when we run out of burp cloths or I have enough for a load - usually every 2-3 days. We have a pretty small washer though, and sometimes it's every other day.
  • We don't cloth diaper.  I usually do 2 loads a week, one for me and one for the kids.  DH does his own laundry, and he lets it pile up until he has no clean clothes left (usually about once a month).
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• I do clothes laundry once per week.  I usually have 2 loads of colors and 1 load of whites.  The kids and adult stuff is all mixed together.  I do an additional 2 or 3 loads of cloth diaper laundry each week--that's 2 kids in cloth diapers.  I also wash sheets and towels every other week.  So that's a grand total of 5-7 loads of laundry each week.
  • Usually once a week, sometimes twice if I throw some of hers in with mine. We do not use cloth diapers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have one load of baby stuff a week. Usually 2 to 3 loads of other things a week. I wear my work clothes several times before washing unless I get them dirty
  • I usually do once/week for their clothes but could go longer. CD's I wash every 3rd day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

• Probably once a week. Sometimes I can go a little longer. He only has 1 or 2 big blowouts a week now. Oh, and I do not CD.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I do 1-2 loads of kid laundry a week on Sundays. Sometimes it is more when I wash new clothing.  We are gearing up on stocking DS up for next summer.
    Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • DD has more laundry than I do. We do not cloth diaper. We do about 2 loads a week for her.
  • We cloth diaper and do 1 babyrelated load of laundry a day.

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

• I cloth diaper. I do a load of diapers every day. I probably do a load of their clothes/bibs/spit rags every other day. That's for 2 babies, too.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

• I do a load of baby laundry every Friday. We do not cloth diaper.

• We do baby laundry separately.  As long as there is not a big blowout or massive spit up or some other mess, we do his laundry about 2 times per week.  We did it more often when he was in smaller sized clothes since he didn't have as many.  Also, doing laundry is not the problem, but finding time to put it away is!

We use disposable diapers.

imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We use disposable diapers, and I wash ds and dd's clothes once a week.
  • I don't cd and do 1-2 loads/day of just her stuff. CDing would actually save me laundry because it blows out less, and I have to wash her swing liner, the stroller insert, etc plus extra outfits.
  • Disposable diapers here. We do every 23 days. I have a ton of clothes for her, but whenever she has a blow out or large spit up, I do a load. I don't wash her clothes separately and our washer is pretty small.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • We have cloth diapers, but aren't using thm consistently. I do his laundry typically twice a week. 
  • We don't cloth diaper and I usually do one load of her stuff 2 to 3 times a week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Every few days. I'd say an avg of 1.5 days per week. We do not CD.

eta: we've had a couple of minor leaks where it's gotten on the back or front of her clothes, but we've never had a major blowout. I just sprayed w/ enzymatic stain remover and put the clothes in her hamper.

• I do hers once a week maybe twice. The only thing I run out of in a week is her bath towels and pjs. 

As far as my own laundry..a couple weeks or longer. I'm lazy and wait until I have no underwear and bath towels.  

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • We cloth diaper. I do 1 load of her clothes a week. Then, I wash diapers every other day....1 load. She's usually just in 1 outfit a day. No blowouts. She may get an extra outfit at daycare due to pee leaks, but that's usually user error on their part. She's the only CD baby in the infant room and they're not too good at it. I just let it slide since a little pee on an outfit isn't a big deal
  • we do 1-2 loads of baby clothes a week

and 3 loads of cloth diapers a week- I could go longer between but I don't like them sitting...

• Baby laundry alone? Probably 3 times a week for full loads, but sometimes I have to wash something poopy with whatever misc. dirty stuff is around. We don't cloth diaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"