Babies on the Brain

Dealing with a lot of stress

I have been dealing with a lot of stress at work. I have a family history of preeclampsia. I was told that if I have a lot of stress at work this can cause a miscarriage. I was wondering if this is true? I'm a little worried because every time I'm stressed out at work I get pains in my lower abdomen. My job is a call center. I do not get the best of calls so if anyone has an idea how to stop the "stressing out" I would love to hear it. Thank you.

Re: Dealing with a lot of stress

• In order to stop the "stressing out" you really need to find coping mechanisms. A therapist would be able to help you out or maybe a stress ball? Breathing? Taking a walk? Meditation? Focusing and not letting panic creep in? I don't really know what you do so I can't really help you.

I work in an extremely high stress job, also in a call center. It sounds awful but I have to desensitize my self to the callers and their situations. I feel for them but I already have anxiety and I have to do this in order to remain calm, keep a clear head and help them through the situation they are in. 

Good luck to you.  You have a family history but do you have HBP now?  Are you pregnant? Have you talked to your doctor about this? They would be the best equipped to help you in this situation if you are actually pregnant instead of a message board..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"