High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD QUESTION

I was diagnosed a couple weeks ago but am not scheduled to see a nutritionist until sept 7th.  So in the meantime my Dr just said "eat more veggies and less fruit"

1) My weight gain till monday had been only 4.5 lab (at 29 weeks) so I wasn't too concerned about the baby being too big YET

2) I gained 2 pounds over the weekend .. which is not alot but more in a short period of time than I have this pregnancy.. could this be the GD playing its card finally?

3) My eating habit are not BAD in what I eat but not very consistent in WHEN and how often I eat... 

My plan is to just keep drinking lots of water and avoiding mass amounts of sugar (what is considered safe daily sugar intake?) ....

Any comments on how my brain is working through this? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: GD QUESTION

• Options
    With GD, being consistent with eating is the MOST important.  I was like you, I don't eat on a schedule and sometimes, not at all.  That doesn't work with GD.  You have to time everything out, eat a small amount of carbs and protein every 2 hours and NEVER skip the three main meals.  My dr. told me the same thing and I ended up cutting out carbs completely and tanking my blood sugar.  Try to start eating more consistenly  with smaller portions of any carbs that you eat (fruit, starches).  I cut actual sugar completely and just let my body get the sugars from the carbs I eat.  You are right with the water.  Water and milk are all I drink.  I'm sure others have more advice but I hope this at least helps you get started.
  • Options
    Agree with pp and also make sure to combine carbs with proteins when you eat them like cheese and crackers or apple with peanut butter for snacks. I made the mistake of almost going no carb/low carb and the actual GD meal plan is more carbs than I would normally eat. I have to eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack and try to evenly space things out. Again, I also feel like I just eat more in general while following the meal plan than I did before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Like the pp mentioned eating on a schedule is really important with GD. Typically you will eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day (every 2-3 hours). You want to eat within one hour of waking and so on. Your bedtime snack will be important in keeping your fasting numbers down (I usually have crackers and cheese or toast with pb). Although I have not been given sugar guidelines to follow. Only carb allotments. I try to stay as low sugar/sugar free as possible and stay under 10g a day.  Hope this helps. Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"