Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Resisting solids?

DS is a week away from a year and he has all of a sudden decided that he does not want the solid foods we have been giving him.... most things he has had before and some new ones. He will eat a few bites and then start fussing and crying when you try to give him more. He will turn his head away and basically refuse it but then take another bite, sometimes crying afterwards sometimes not. It is so weird.

I dont want every meal to be a war zone and have him end up having some weird aversion to food but he cant subsist on baby food forever obviously. 

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what have you done or are doing to get past it?

Thanks in advance! 

Baby # 2 is on their way! BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Resisting solids?

• Options
    If dd doesn't want to eat, I just let her go.  Lots of times it has to do with her being too tired, sometimes it's because of teething, other times she's just too busy.  There are so many reasons she may not want to eat, and I refuse to force it because I don't want her to have a bad relationship with food. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageEveryNameIWantIsTaken:
    If dd doesn't want to eat, I just let her go.  Lots of times it has to do with her being too tired, sometimes it's because of teething, other times she's just too busy.  There are so many reasons she may not want to eat, and I refuse to force it because I don't want her to have a bad relationship with food. 

This is us, too. I also find DD2 eats more if she can feed herself. If I try to give her a bite, she'll probably refuse. If I put it on her tray and let her eat it when she's ready, she eats better. 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks! I think I will see if this makes a difference tonight. He normally only eats puffs by himself so I will try more finger foods and see how it goes.

:) 

• Options
    imageLBR2012:

Thanks! I think I will see if this makes a difference tonight. He normally only eats puffs by himself so I will try more finger foods and see how it goes.

:) 

I guess I didn't realize you were mostly spoon feeding still.  DD hasn't had baby food in probably a month, everything is finger foods.  The only time she'll let me feed her if it is a bite of my own food directly from my own plate.  Definitely give the finger foods a go!  DD loves to eat if she's the one feeding herself.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DS does get finger foods but just not all the time.

What finger foods do you feed LO? I had a chat with my my mom about this last night and we came up with some things to really work on but if you have suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"