Maryland Babies
Options

Camping

Mommies~ I need your help. DH and I are big campers! This stopped when i was preggers bc well it was hard to sleep on my nice soft bed let alone the ground and getting up off the ground Ha not an option! So now that DD is 5 months old we are planning our first 'family' trip. 

We want to go in early October so its not to hot/not to cold... We usually go to assateague island, state side. There is running water.... Ok here is the big question. What should DD sleep in? our tent wont fit a pack and play. We have an air mattress but how do I make co camping sleep safe? 

Any other camping with baby tips you have would be helpful too!

Thanks ladies!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Camping

• Options

I second the peapod tent. We got it for DD when we were flying out to STL to visit family. We have gotten use out of it at the pool, beach, and just general play use.

Good luck and have fun! 

• Options
    I would just co-sleep on your air mattress.  Check out Dr. Sears website on how to co-sleep safely.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi,

We used to enjoy camping too and actually took our 4 month old daughter camping. Its ironic we actually went to Assateague island too but stayed at the National side and managed fine but we were only there 1 night. We had a lucky chance to go on a not too hot 2 day period. 

We used the air mattress and it was perfect I woke up a lot but DD slept perfectly fine only woke up once to eat. We slept with me in the middle and had a light camping blanket for us and a few familiar crib things for DD and a pillow next to the mattress.  I EBF but brought 1 bottle just incase she needed extra. We stayed 2 full days and it went well. I brought the bug fan you wear I think Off sells it and that was necessary down there. We will probably try it again soon before it gets cold. Good luck hope its fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"