Two Under 2
Options

XP Switching 13 month old to new room and giving baby old room

Infrequent poster/lurker popping in for some advice....

We are switching DS to the room across the hall from his in prep for a new baby to arrive in January.  I think it will be confusing that his "old" room will still be set up with "his" crib and some of his things.  However, I want to do it sooner rather than later due to his age and not wanting a lot of changes around the time we bring a new baby home.  

Any suggestions?  

Re: XP Switching 13 month old to new room and giving baby old room

• Options
    IMHO at 13 months old I don't think he will even notice/care.  Are you planning on moving to a toddler bed, or are you giving him a new crib in the new room?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    We moved DD#1 into her new room own the hall when she was 13 months. We had it all set up and let her play with her toys, go in and out etc before we actually had her sleep in there. The first night she did great and hasn't had any problems. Like the pp said - at 13 months I'm not sure how much she cared. I'm pretty sure she knew the difference but it wasn't a big deal. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ds1 moved into his new room with twin bed at 13.5 months and never missed a beat. He didn't really care and it was a super easy transition. We moved ds2 into the room with ds1 and into a twin bed at 18mths. He didn't have an issue with it either. The nursery has been exactly the same except the name on the wall for the last 3 years. The older boys have never had an issue with that being the baby's room. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks for the advice!  We are getting a new crib for him.  I want him to stay in a crib as long as he'll stand for it!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"