Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

What would you do!?

I believe I had a chemical pregnancy which ended at about 5 weeks. It was over the weekend, I woke up bleeding at 6:30am Saturday. I did not go to the ER or anything because I thought it wasn't necessary. I waited and called the OB first thing when they opened today. The receptionist took my message that I found out I was pregnant, and began bleeding a few days later and I believe I had a miscarriage. That's it. That's all the information I gave her. She told me the dr would call me back.
5 hours Later, I still hadn't heard from them.. So I called back. The receptionist then put me on hold and talked to the dr, that said I should come in for a follow up.....next week!? Is this normal? What if I were further along and had just now found out? Do you think I should get a new doctor? She didn't ask if I was having pain or amything.... I feel like I was just brushed off... And they can't even see me until next Thursday...that's like 11 days... I don't know I know it's early but I feel like they made it seem like "oh your fine" and to me it's a bigger, scarier deal than that....

Re: What would you do!?

• Options

I don't know what I would do in your shoes.  I just know that I've had similar experiences and that, unfortunately, these individuals working OB are desensitized to the tragedies of miscarriages.  They deal with people who are upset and worried about their situation every day, so yeah, they can come off as if they are brushing you off. 

If it helps you to compare your situation to mine:  I was 8 weeks when I found out my embryo had no heartbeat.  That was 3 weeks ago now.  I believe I passed the remains 1 week ago now.  My Dr. is aware of this progress, but my follow up is not until the 4th of Sept.  So I think it might be pretty normal to wait for the follow-up. 

Good luck to you and I'm sorry for your loss. 

Mother to 3 angels: D&C May 2006 - My cherry blossom child. TTC since March 2012. BFP March 2012; CP March 2012 - 4 weeks 1 day. BFP July 8, 2012; No HB August 6, 2012 - 8 weeks 2 days. M/C August 21, 2012. Cremated in our backyard 5 days later. Starting charting 10/29/12. Stalk me at My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    There is really not much your doctor can do after such an early miscarriage. She'll probably check to make sure everything was in fact cleared out and tell you that these are common and it was probably a chromosomal issue and it will have no effect on your chances I get and keep a future pregnancy. And unless this continues to happen on a repeat basis, she's right.

I'm sorry your going through this and that you don't feel supported by your dr. If there is a deeper issue that you feel you've been neglected in your care, you should seek a new dr. its incredibly important that you fully trust your OBGYN.
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"