Babies on the Brain
Options

Intro from long time lurker

Hello! I have been a lurker on TK, TN, and TB for a long time. Yesterday, my DH and I agreed for me to stop taking BCP and just try non-hormonal ways of birth control. Mainly I just want to learn how to chart and learn the signs of my body since I have been on BCP for 10 years.(I'm 28 btw)  I'm super excited to NOT be on BCP anymore because it kills my sex drive, as I'm sure many of you know. We want to TCC next may (both our b-days are in may!). So I will be on here probably asking to same questions that have been on here many times before. Hopefully not though because I will Google it before asking anyone as to avoid repetition. Anyway, if there is anything you want to know, just ask! 
Anniversary

Re: Intro from long time lurker

• Options

Hi! Good job on educating yourself. A lot of people don't take the time. Since you said you've been lurking, you probably already know about fertilityfriend.com and the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility, but I'll mention them just in case. 

My favorite thing about coming off of BCP was the return of my sex drive. I had a fantastic 2-3 weeks after quitting the pill. 

imageimage
    7,065/13,000=54.3%
    Started TTC in June 2008. Not bothering any more.

Bonafide thread killah
  • Options
    Welcome!  The women here are very helpful and it is great to have the support.  Charting is great not only for TTC but for TTA too. 

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the FF app on my phone and another app for charting as well! We are definitely TTA but if I end up KU, it's not a big deal. We want kids anyway just not right now. 
    Anniversary
  • Options

Welcome. Just wanted to say that if you are not wanting kids right now then I would suggest a barrier method. They don't kill your sex drive and they are easy to use. The pull and pray and the charting method isn't 100% and it's better to protect yourself if you're not really ready.

Either way, good luck to you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've been thinking about using spermicide or the sponge. Maybe condoms but I don't think I can convince DH. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Welcome!
    m/c 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"