Infertility Veterans

IVF#2 was negative but AF has produced something odd; would love your thoughts

***TMI alert*** 

AF arrived last night after a BFN on Thursday.  I may just be insane but today I bled out what looks like a little sac with a string attached, about the size of my thumb nail & the string is about 1/2 in long maybe. I've had clots before that were jelly-like but this is solid mass & really stood out on the maxi pad.  It's sitting in a piece of t.p. in the bathroom; I'm tempted to call my doc.  IVF #2 was negative & if I didn't know better I'd think it was a m/c. I've never had a m/c of course so how would I really know?  I had a chemical back in 2009 but never had anything weird; just a very painful period.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IVF#2 was negative but AF has produced something odd; would love your thoughts

• I honestly don't think you'd be able to see anything even if it was m/c since it was so early.  I think it is probably just lining tissue. I've also never had a m/c or a even a chemical so I could be wrong but just seeing the growth patterns of embryos and how small everything is, I just don't  think you'd be able to see something coming out with AF. Hugs.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• imageMrs.McIrish:
    I honestly don't think you'd be able to see anything even if it was m/c since it was so early.  I think it is probably just lining tissue. I've also never had a m/c or a even a chemical so I could be wrong but just seeing the growth patterns of embryos and how small everything is, I just don't  think you'd be able to see something coming out with AF. Hugs.

Like I said I'm probably just crazy but it looks so weird.  How are things with you? Might see you @ the new place? Or are you still travelling out of state for DE?

• Loading the player...
  • I tend to agree with McIrish. So sorry you are dealing with all of this, it is never easy.

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• Also TMI...

After my failed IVF #1, my AF was super weird. I usually get a pretty light AF, even after medicated IUIs. After IVF, however, it was heavy and had several large masses and clots. It was actually pretty disgusting.

(((huge hugs))) I'm sorry that you guys are going through all of this...
    imageimageimage

TTC since March 2009 // Me and DH - 28
    Testing Summer/Fall 2010 - Unexplained IF
    IUIs #1-4 ~ Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IUI #5 ~ Femara/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ BFN
    IUIs #6-9 ~ Research Study Meds/Pregnyl/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IVF Consultation, More Testing
    Diagnostic Cycle ~ Mucinex/Progesterone/TI ~ BFN
    IVF #1 ~ Menopur/Bravelle/Ganirelix/Novarel/Progesterone/Lupron
    7R, 6F // 2 transferred // 3 frosties ~ BFN
    FET #1 ~ Estrace/PIO/Lupron
    3 thawed // 2 transferred // 1 lost // no more frosties ~ BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 456 // Beta #2 - 1176 // Beta #3 - 2933 // Beta #4 - 6753
    EDD: May 16, 2013
    Threatened MC at 6w2d
    Bedrest for SCH // 6w2d through 10w1d
    Elevated TSH and Lazy Thyroid DX @ 10w - Started Synthroid
    Finally released from RE at 13w
    Charles Everett ~ Born 5/20/2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~ My IF Blog ~~ 

• FWIW....(way TMI)...when I m/c at 7w3d, I passed an intact sac. It was about 3/4 of an inch big at that point. I would think it would have been too small at your point to see anything, and as others said, my AF after my IVF was a MESS!!!! So sorry you are having to deal with any of this though! ((HUGS))
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • imageAnasara:

imageMrs.McIrish:
    I honestly don't think you'd be able to see anything even if it was m/c since it was so early.  I think it is probably just lining tissue. I've also never had a m/c or a even a chemical so I could be wrong but just seeing the growth patterns of embryos and how small everything is, I just don't  think you'd be able to see something coming out with AF. Hugs.

Like I said I'm probably just crazy but it looks so weird.  How are things with you? Might see you @ the new place? Or are you still travelling out of state for DE?

You might see me! I will be going there for lining monitoring. 

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• You can either call dr. and see if they will test it, or just assume it is weird uterine lining.  I had something like that a few years ago before we were going for procedures.  It was a hard little thing.  DH said it was just uterine lining and got rid of it.  I think it would be harder to know if it were a mc.  But like everyone said it was probably too soon to be anything.  Please know that you and your DH are in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope that you do get your miracle soon.

• I'm pretty sure it's just chunks of lining. I've gotten a lot of that after cycles. I think it's just because I have an extra fluffy lining that is sticking around just because of the PIO, so when that's done it really sloughs off fast...
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • imageMBfromBMC:
    Also TMI...

After my failed IVF #1, my AF was super weird. I usually get a pretty light AF, even after medicated IUIs. After IVF, however, it was heavy and had several large masses and clots. It was actually pretty disgusting.

This was me too. Also happened after the c/p's. I assumed it was just bc of the thicker lining I had those cycles.

big big (((hugs)))

SAIFW
    TTC since 2008 dx PCOS & MFI
    Clomid/Femara no "O"
    IVF #1 BFN
    FET #1 cancelled for biopsy
    FET #1.2 c/p, July 2012 c/p
    IUI #1 & 1.2 canceled
    IVF #2 ER 12/1, Freeze all due to OHSS
    FET #2.1 cancelled due to DVT risk, FET #2.2 Jan 2013
    my blog
  • Left HugRight Hug I'm so sorry about the BFN hun.
    DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.
    Currently pg with our 1st after 6.5 yrs of IF (thank you IVF)

My IF/Everything Blog
    There's No Crying in Baseball
    ***My posts are always SAIFW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"