January 2012 Moms
Options

meg_2006

Question for you...

Is the diaper cover what keeps the urine from leaking on to clothes and such?

I ask because I'm considering using a  diaper cover on top of some existing (cheapie) cloth diapers to assist in potty training my son (who is now 2.6).  I can't do the naked method.. but I really need him to feel uncomfortable when he goes so he understands that he needs to be using the potty.

I've had some cloth diapers for the longest time... just cheapie gerber ones that I've used as burp clothes.  So I would fold those into the diaper cover.  Is that silly?  I've never actually cloth diapered before so I'm not even sure if this is logical.

TIA

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: meg_2006

• Options
    Yes, a diaper cover keeps the moisture in, as long as you make sure it covers all the cloth underneath.  I think that would work.  You'll probably want to do an Angel Wing fold and get some snappis. I doubt that simply folding it and laying it in the cover will stay still in a 2 year old.   And if you end up with a lot of leaks, you may want to invest in some different pre folds.  Those gerber ones are super cheap for a reason! If you haven't already bought a cover, get one with snaps.  Kids have a harder time figuring those out :)

Anniversary

• Options

imagemeg_2006:
    Yes, a diaper cover keeps the moisture in, as long as you make sure it covers all the cloth underneath.  I think that would work.  You'll probably want to do an Angel Wing fold and get some snappis. I doubt that simply folding it and laying it in the cover will stay still in a 2 year old.   And if you end up with a lot of leaks, you may want to invest in some different pre folds.  Those gerber ones are super cheap for a reason! If you haven't already bought a cover, get one with snaps.  Kids have a harder time figuring those out :)

Thanks!!  No, I have not purchased anything yet.  I plan to this weekend though.  We are going out of town in Sept. so I don't want to start training until we return (just does not make sense to confuse him).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"