Special Needs

Scope tomorrow! XP

So, I haven't chickened out of it yet.  I really wish we could have gotten her ear tubes done at the same time, but no dice from our doctors (argh).  Any last minute words? 

Also, I did the dumbest thing!  I went to the eye doctor today, and they were going to dialate my eyes and use those numbing drops.  I stopped the nurse before she put them in, and said I was nursing.  She said it wasn't a problem (but they never did it before when I was pregnant or nursing my first).  I then thought about the fact that my DD is being put under tomorrow morning, and freaked out and asked the doc what to do.  She said if I was really worried to pump and dump and use my freezer stash (oh, yeah, all 12 oz I have).  I called the Hale hotline from Texas Tech University, but didn't have the name of the meds, so they couldn't help.  I also put in a call to a ped anesthesiologist and a lactation consultant.  Anyone have any thoughts on who else to ask? I think we can make it through until she goes to have the scope done, but I am wondering about afterwards, if I can BF her.  I was told to ask the anesthesiologist tomorrow before the scope, but that seems like I am waiting too long.

TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Scope tomorrow! XP

• When I was nursing, I was told that anything topical (and eye drops are considered topical) was safe (unless you were putting it on your breasts and they might lick it or something).

I would think it would be fine. Can you find out the name of the medication? If you get the name any pharmacist can look it up in their books. I walked into Walgreens all the time when I was breastfeeding to ask questions about medicine.

• Thank you for the answer!  I just called up and got the name of the meds, so I will be calling and questioning.  I am so nervous- can ya tell?  :)  I just want to get this all over with, and hopefully get some answers.  I am so not patient!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"