March 2012 Moms

?'s regarding starting foods and adding water to diet

Afternoon!

So we already started rice cereal a few weeks ago doing about 5 tablespoons of milk mixed with 1.5 tablespoons of rice cereal. Yesterday we moved to carrots. We will stick to carrots all this week. Would you go ahead and introduce water at all? I read you can do 2 ounces of water a day. I was thinking for the times he wakes up in the middle of the night and is not hungry and my husband is trying to get him back to bed at night should we try water or just stick to letting him cry it out? Trying to get out of the habit of getting him back to sleep on the boob when he is just doing it to go back to sleep.

What do you all do? I have my 6 month appointment next week but figured I would pose the question before I go.

Thanks!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

Re: ?'s regarding starting foods and adding water to diet

• I have been wondering about water. DH took him to the 4mo apt and nothing he brought home said anything about water. I have seen on here ppl give LO water with solids. So please post what you find out at the appointment.

Benson only wakes up about once a week in the middle of the night. When he wakes I always give him a bottle, rock him for a few and if he doesnt fall back asleep I put him in his crib. Then he normally falls alseep in about 10 minutes. He doesn't cry or anything, he just fights sleep when I rock him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll def post what I find out. See our son is at the point he is over his pacifier so that was comfort where he would fall back asleep but not anymore. He basically cries until he is put on the boob and passes back out.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • Ive heard that water shouldn't be introduced until a year, but you should call your pedi about that.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"